Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Rear Window Weather Seal HELP

Hi I haven't been around in a while mostly because there hasn't been anything wrong with my Trac but now I have a real problem and I need help. The outside weather seal for the rear slider came out and I can't find a replacement anywhere! even the manufacturer has gotten rid of their stock. I...
  2. K

Clutch problems/Will not shift into Gear on a 2003 ST 4x4

I do not. Looks good. And the operation of the pedal is good. Also a relatively new slave splinder too.
  3. K

Clutch problems/Will not shift into Gear on a 2003 ST 4x4

I realize this thread is old and if the mods want to move it I'm cool with that. I've had the same challenge with my 02: did you ever get any answer to this? what did you do to get it fixed? I've looked for a tutorial on replacing the master cylinder, I'm know people on here have done it, I...
  4. K

Replace spark Plugs/ Tune Up

That is an Auto Zone in house brand.
  5. K

Firm Cruise Control Buttons - Can they be swapped? - 2001 Sport Trac

I have an 02 ST and have noticed the same with my control buttons. cant "feel" when they are pushed anymore... Sorry I am no help, but I guess we aren't alone anymore :D
  6. K

Zerks? What Zerks!

Thanks guys, I didn't think there were any and I know I didn't install any. Because there aren't any problems now... I'm not going to mess with anything other than the normal stuff. i.e. oil/filter change. I did a proper tune up earlier this year except for the coolant flush....
  7. K

Zerks? What Zerks!

I've been under my 02 4x4 trac many times and have never seen a single Grease Zerk. A friend of mine is convinced I have them... help please. Are there likely to be any? If so where? It's gong to be driving from Phoenix to Chicago soon and I don't want anything to go wrong for the wife...
  8. K

Rear doors can't open from inside

Neither one of my rear doors have opened from the inside in years. I didn't ever get into the back seat so I didn't worry about it much. I checked the Child locks both ways and they are def off. Never been inside a door before though...
  9. K

Ball joints and Control arm questions

If the guy that did your wheel bearing is so bad then why would you give his opinion on your ball joints any thought? The first thing I would do is go to a reputable shop/mechanic and ask them/him to look at it instead of the guy not trustworthy. If you have a bad feeling then listen to it...
  10. K

General Grabber AT2

I used your link to check them out. I like what I see so far, I would also like to know if anyone has used them. I'm looking for new tires, right now i'm considering GOODYEAR - Wrangler RT/S, not a bad price. I can't see though is mounting included? or is that extra?
  11. K

Any reason an extension wouldn't do the same thing?
  12. K

Something I think we should ALL do!

seafoam is some amazing stuff. It's very popular in the motorcycle world.
  13. K

Trans oil change

Good idea! Already checked it so I knew I would be able to fill it. then tightened up the drain plug.
  14. K

Trans oil change

Thanks ClusterPup, I probably would have made the same mistake there. I also finally found the fill hole for the differential, that will be getting fresh oil this weekend. I found the drain/fill plugs on the T-case this morning. Easy enough to get to, I'll be doing that this weekend...
  15. K

squealing right front while driving

First thing to do is, stop driving it. I'm sure you already know that. Sounds like bearings to me as well, do you know a decent mechanic? Are you/your husband going to do the work or have it done?
  16. K

Trans oil change

one other thing.... what's the "t-case"?
  17. K

Trans oil change

Thank you sir, very helpful.
  18. K

Trans oil change

On an automatic trans one would use the dip stick tube to fill right? What about a manual trans? I've needed to do this for a long time, and just have no idea where to fill it from...
  19. K

Manual Transmission Sport Trac Questions

That's it! The Slave sylinder has been the only real problem I've had. Been a PITA for several years now. Need to really get started on getting that fixed. But I'm fairly sure I need to pull the entire trans to do that....
  20. K

Has anyone had problems/issues with NGK plugs or wires? I can order NGK from work and cant order the others.
  21. K

I like it, I'm the original owner and now have 137K on her. I bought her in Chicago and she's made several trips to Phoenix and back. And she's made a move to Phoenix where we live now. Around here there are all kinds of trails to hit so as I go through some maintenance I will make sure I am...
  22. K

First of all welcome. I have an 02 4x4 ST, 5 speed manual trans and I do have cruise control. I don't have electric seats, but I don't see why that couldn't be added pretty easy.
  23. K

I've seen several threads about "what spark plugs do I use?"... and I like the fact that you have listed what you used, ie - Autolite plugs, NGK wires and an Accel coil pack. I too have done a lot of reading on the subject as to who makes quality stuff and what will work with my ST. First a...
  24. K

02 Sports Trac needing some advice

Mike, I hope you find things getting better with your Trac. Please, next time this happens, park your truck. The life you save could be your own.... Just my .02¢
Back