Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Overheating on a 1991 Ford Explorer :(

It's been a while since i have been on this forum. But i am still not completely sure what the overheating is, as the explorer is just sitting in a field gathering dust. I am contemplating on buying a full gasket kit and just replacing all at once. However, i would want to buy new heads as well...
  2. T

Ticking Noise and a non-usual pressure.

And i just priced everything the heads(Both sides) Head gaskets, and bolts and it all comes out to around $518 that includes shipping and handling. Thank god for RockAuto lol.
  3. T

Well see, there is NO milkshake, My friend that is a Diesel mechanic, thinks i have a cracked intake manifold gasket, which is the cause of the leaking. Because i have a leak in my radiator but i have NO idea where, and he saw that there was a puddle where the intake manifold usually is. And...
  4. T

Okay, so i first started hearing the ticking noise when i got the truck i didn't think it was anything bad, and then as the ticking became louder i started white smoking, and my Muffler is acting like its cloggedd and trying to get something out. It's not a steady pressure coming out it's like...
  5. T

Well i figured out my overheating problem, My radiator stopped working at its fullest. And i found where my leak is in my system... Out of the freakin exhaust pipe... I might have coolant dripping into my air manifold, or my head gaskets are bad either way i'm more than likely changing all of...
  6. T

93 Explorer project "The Hulk"

Dang man! It looks sick with just the side shots. I might have to go find me a 4x4 explorer and put a lift on it. I'm rooting for ya man! Keep it goin!!!!
  7. T

Exploder stuff

What about the price for the 94 Radiator, and i was wondering about the center console. I wanna buy one like that, but do you think it would fit with my standard?
  8. T

I hate to bring back alive this thread... But it's starting to do it again, and it's not when i'm idling either.... My explorer overheats when it's going... But at idle it cools down... I'm gonna put more coolant in it and see if that helps it, but it's just SO much stress watching my heat...
  9. T

I finally was able to snap some pictures of my 91 Exploder

I was wondering if my explorer seems a little lowered? i'm not sure, but it just seems to sit lower than the usual ones.
  10. T

2wd conversion to 4x4

Okay so i just learned my wonderful explorer isn't a 4x4 lol. Thank you Rickybobby for teaching me that. Would it just be cheaper to find a first gen explorer that is having engine problems and just swap engines?
  11. T

2wd conversion to 4x4

Also, i have a 4x4 light in my explorer, how would i be able to tell if it was a 4x4 or not? Where would the button be located? Because i know it's not just a switch like the whole newer 4x4 shifter is.
  12. T

2wd conversion to 4x4

Hmm, how much do those cost? And what exactly does a locker do? (Sorry i'm new to this, wheeling and all that stuff.)
  13. T

2wd conversion to 4x4

Okay, so if i put lockers on my stock explorer would it go more places? It's also a standard might i add.
  14. T

2wd conversion to 4x4

I want to put about a 4' suspension lift on it, and i wanna make it look mean, but I wanna go wheeling too and people keep telling me i can't go wheeling with them until i get a 4x4...
  15. T

2wd conversion to 4x4

No, i have a thread about lifting, not about 4x4 conversion.
  16. T

2wd conversion to 4x4

So my friend has finally convinced me to do a 4x4 swap so i go trailing with them, but i have NO idea where to start or what to do to get a complete 4x4 swap. I have a stock tranny, and it's a 5 speed manual transmission. I wanna do the 4x4 so i can have some real fun in my truck. But i don't...
  17. T

Wanted 2-3' lift kit.

Thank you everyone! As this has helped me realize i don't wanna lift my truck just yet, Due to my money issues i only get about $400 every two weeks...(I work at McDonalds for $7.50 an hour) So yeah... I wanna make it look meaner. Do y'all have any idea on the tire size limit on a stock Explorer?
  18. T

Yeah thanks for replying so fast! I just need to do a flush and then put full 50/50 in it so it won't overheat as much. And get out the gunk that is in there.
  19. T

Both... I think i found the problem though... I wasn't using Anti-freeze i was just using water. Well, the water would start to boil due to heat added with MORE heat. So my thermostat wouldn't open and wouldn't let water through because it was all hot. Well, it started overheating again so i...
  20. T

Well, nOw my explorer is overheating when I have the AC on all the way. What could be the cause of that?
  21. T

Exploder stuff

Actually i just want the grille for the 94 if it's not painted any color except chrome or black. If you don't mind how much will it be?
  22. T

Wanted 2-3' lift kit.

Hmmm, Alright thanks! I'll look into it! That is really helpful. I didn't wanna spend that much money and all those links are priced in my range. So that's a plus! Hopefully, i can scrape the money together and buy them piece by piece with each paycheck i get!
  23. T

Wanted 2-3' lift kit.

Just buy those 2 parts and then i can lift my truck?
  24. T

Wanted 2-3' lift kit.

Oh sorry, Thank you!
Back