Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

2003 Sport Lift/Level Questions

If you have 2wd you can do a drop spindle to raise the front another 3" and a bl 3" there are sticky posts that discuss all your options
  2. C

Body lift 01 sport

Ranger 883 was used for this one. I drove around this week w no bumpers lol stayed up late last night and took care of the front bumper and facia the grinder was fun lol had to drill some holes but all in all was pretty easy. I'm really not looking forward to the rear brackets hopefully they...
  3. C

Crazy thought.. Ready? 5.4 swap?

That sounds awesome! I just did a 3" bl just this past weekend was kinda a pita lol
  4. C

True on the 351w I saw basically the same ex that I have w a 5.0 swap it intrigued me lol
  5. C

one could only dream i guess lol
  6. C

Has anyone tried this? As I'm working on my bl the the thought crossed my mind. Do you guys even think it's possible?
  7. C

Body lift 01 sport

UPDATE!!!! So I was really motivated tonight with my brother in law! finished removing all of the BTF mounts including the royal PITA front passenger core mount. The driver side came off pretty easily.. I jacked up the passenger side and started installing the BL pucks! Does anyone know if it...
  8. C

Body lift 01 sport

I soaked them in pb for the past 2 nights and torched the snot out of them as well. My brother in law was scared to use it the other day bc he thought it would set the bushings on fire lol
  9. C

Body lift 01 sport

Ok update I took the advice from here n bought oil filter vice grips and have taken off 2 with in a few mins. Please pray to the ford gods for me need my truck by Monday at the latest
  10. C

Body lift 01 sport

So I contacted the ford dealer about the btf bushings are stupid expensive... so I went to the INTERNET lol found universal mounts for 26 bucks. Dealer wanted 199!!!!! I almost choked when they told me that. anyways I picked up an oil filter removal with vice grips. cant wait to finish it and...
  11. C

Body lift 01 sport

Ok I have a question do you use the old body mount bushings? And can anyone give me their # if I have questions? Shoot just text me w ur name 858-997-6744 it's driving me up the wall lol
  12. C

Body lift 01 sport

So far it's been pretty easy with some tough parts here and there. Steering linkage was a pita. My steering wheel is upside down at the moment bc my brother In law let it go when I disconnected it. Dumb a. Ran into another snag of the rear body mounts are just spinning when I try to unbolt them...
  13. C

My last post ------- about HID!

I bought my HIDS from Built By Notorious. They are direct plug and play w 1 yr total warranty. I have since had them for over a year now and they work great!!!
  14. C

2006 mountaineer push bar

the 3000 series fits the explorers
  15. C

2001 explorer sport 2dr v8 swap

Sweet :) so we agree the? More pics vids and a write up is in order? Lol
  16. C

Is there a difference between the early and late models?
  17. C

Built 03/2000 :)
  18. C

I believe early how can you tell again?
  19. C

If you have pics more vids and maybe a write up is in order?! exactly my plan for my 01 sprt
  20. C

Finally Headed to the Mod ZONE!!!!!!

Ok so I have had my 2001 sport for like 5 yrs now. Looked everywhere on lifts ect ect we have all heard this before. but its now finally happening! starting either this month or next besides the standard tt and shackles she will be seeing some altitude via the PA-883 BL thanks to the EF site I...
Back