Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Bad Solid Diff. Covers for ford 8.8 axle

Woah, I haven't even started looking for diff covers yet, but this thread has certainly steered me away from a certain select company, and towards what sound like much better products and product services. Gotta wonder if they feel the effects of poor word-of-mouth, even on the internet...
  2. C

Stic-o Cargo Storage Re-do.

Oooh, looking forward to it! Did you ever upgrade the slides for more weight capacity, or are they handling loads well?
  3. C

Stic-o Cargo Storage Re-do.

So, it's been a while since these were installed, anything new to report? Still holding up to use-and-abuse? I'm trying to figure out plans for a storage system and really like how this goes together. Kudos!
  4. C

Custom 4 Wheeler Plow Project

Cool, I really want to see how this turns out once you're finished with everything; definitely need a video of this beast in action! :burnout: (Even though there's no snow right now...)
  5. C

Custom 4 Wheeler Plow Project

Wow, looks pretty dang good to me! :eek: I'm impressed with all of the thought and detail you put into designing and building this, so I hope your "client" is too. Keep up the great work man, it's cool to see all of the 'work-in-progress' pics. :biggthump
  6. C

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

Yeah, it's a bummer for sure. But if we look for a silver lining here, it just means I have a whole year to get ready for the next trip! :biggthump I'm still eager to see all of the pics and carnage reports from this year, so here's to hoping all goes well for you guys! :chug:
  7. C

Roof Mounted LED Bar--Check out!!

Nice! I really like how you set up the brackets for the light bar. What brand did you go with? Honestly, the more I see these LED bars everywhere, the more I start to like them.
  8. C

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

Well, I'm out. My budget just went to smithereens after helping a family member with some unexpected expenses. :banghead: Which really sucks, because I was looking forward to spending my birthday out there. :censored: I guess that's just how it goes, right? So, about next year...
  9. C

Oh, hi there! Welcome to my user-page, which has all sorts of info about me! Sort-of. Hey look...

Oh, hi there! Welcome to my user-page, which has all sorts of info about me! Sort-of. Hey look, shiny!
  10. C

Taillight/corner guards

I happened to remember to pull my truck in after work today, so I took a look and was pleasantly surprised by how simply the housings attach to the body. Two bolts on top, two snap fittings towards the bottom, and she pops right out! Which leads to my next train of thought: I remember...
  11. C

Taillight/corner guards

Haha, what a coincidence! I had this discussion with myself tonight. I managed to puncture a lens backing out of the driveway when I tagged a trash can the garbage guys left way out of place. Suffice it to say, stupidly cold, 20 year-old plastic is just a little bit brittle. :rolleyes: To the...
  12. C

Trails in the Arrowhead region of Minnesota

Holy crap, they do exist! :eek: I was starting to believe that Minnesota guys on here were an extinct breed... :dead: I might be a little late to this party, but count me in for getting something together. I'm kinda green at this whole off-road thing (Alright, totally green...) and seeing as...
  13. C

summit sport seat install,ranger and gen1 explorer

Cool stuff, thanks for the info. I bookmarked them for when I dig out my summer truck, but I may even order a driver's side and try it as a replacement in my sport. As a per-say "bigger fellow", like myself, how tight a squeeze are the hip bolsters, or better if you wouldn't mind sharing...
  14. C

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

I'm still getting things sorted out, but I suppose you can put myself and two others down as "probably". :D My rig will hopefully sit somewhere in super-stock (I think:scratch:), and my friend's blazer is currently in pieces in his driveway, so who knows what class it'll be in... :rolleyes:
  15. C

summit sport seat install,ranger and gen1 explorer

Wow, those look really good in there! I'm tempted to buy a set for a different truck of mine, one with a really beat up bench in it. This post is a few months old by now, how well have they held up to use? Are these in a daily driver, or more of a trail rig? Any complaints beyond durability...
  16. C

Cut fenders for (1-2" "lift")

I was planning on installing the shackles and coil spacers I picked up, followed by a set of 31s. Guess I can scratch that idea. Better tell my boss to change my tire order. Again... :rolleyes:
  17. C

8.8 Junkyard LS Question

Alright, I've searched around and still haven't come up with a definitive answer yet, so here goes: I currently have an open carrier in my rear axle, and I know that some models came with LS's installed. Putting aside gearing and full lockers, will an LS out of either a 1st or 2nd gen rear...
  18. C

Moab 2015 Planning - Setting a date

I can work with 22-24. At least it gives me enough leeway to submit a "Time Off" request... :rolleyes: I'm still interested to hear what other dates get thrown out, however. As mrboyle put it:
  19. C

Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26

Thank you for the advice guys, I'll definitely keep it in mind. I've been looking into Moab a bit, and it honestly looks just as fun as this does. I'll have to decide if the excuse of "warmer weather" ;) (and visiting family) warrants the extra miles, or if the crawling at Moab is too tempting...
  20. C

Moab 2015 Planning - Setting a date

Well huh. The more I read and watch about Moab, the more interested I become! I suppose it doesn't hurt that it's about 800 miles closer to me as well. If I were to make it out, how willing are the "Big Dogs :exporange" to play with a "New Kid :roll:"? :D I can pretty likely sort out a small...
  21. C

93 Sport "Deep Purple"

I like it! The body and interior in there look MINT. I hear ya' on the brakes, both of my trucks need 'em, 4 corners each. My wallet tries to hide every time I bring it up, too... :rolleyes:
  22. C

After the last Minnesota winter? Yes please, SIGN ME UP! :D And thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll see what I can bang out sometime soon for mods. MLK is far enough off to get a T.O. request in, which is really quite tempting... What's the weather like during that run? Similar to this one...
  23. C

Alright, so now that I'm dedicated to coming out one of these trips, it's time to start my wishlist. My baby is stock right now, so keeping in moderation and mind that it's a 4,000 mile round trip:burnout:, what "add-ons" best suit truck haven, or what do you guys think would make it more fun...
  24. C

Alright, It's decided. I NEED to go on this run next year! A bit of a long haul from Minnesota, but I'm working on talking some friends in to coming with. It's a year off, but I'm already getting excited for the wheel time! :D
  25. C

Call In

Mike here, hailing from the severely underrepresented "Land of 10,000 lakes," Minneapolis, MN. My ladies are a 94 Sport and a 91 Mazda B2200. Anybody else even remotely close to me? :eek: Sort of new, and haven't had the chance to go wheeling yet, so I'm somewhat chomping at the bit... :D...
Back