Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

The door keypad on my wife's 2013 Limited stopped working about 3 months ago. The keypad lights up when you touch it, but you can no longer lock or unlock the vehicle. One feature my wife loves is being able to leave the key fob in the truck, lock the doors and not worry about it. We had the...
  2. S

Has Anyone Changed Out the Filler Neck?

I have been experiencing a P0442 code for a couple of months now. Thought it might be the gas cap until today when I filled up and noticed gas leaking from under the truck and onto the ground. Looks like it is coming from the top of the tank. I assume this is where the filler neck is attached.
  3. S

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

Updated miles. Just rolled over 225,000 no issues except still have the chain rattle. Driven daily and handed it off to our daughter to drive. Still runs strong and gets 22 miles a gallon. Bought it new in 2004 and love it. Hope to have it many more years.
  4. S

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

Just spent about 2 hours trying to get the fuel filter out of my 2004 Eddie Bauer and gave up! Even with the right release tool it would not come off. Truck has 196,000 and don't think it has ever been changed. I will let my local garage deal with the headache for $40! Very frustrating....this...
  5. S

New 2013 Explorer Limited

Awesome, thanks Cory!
  6. S

2013 Explorer FWD Limited Ordered

Congrats. Keep us posted on its journey!
  7. S

POSITIVE 2011-2013 Ford Explorer Experiences

We picked up our new 2013 Limited last Friday. Had a hard time finding one in Platimun Tri Coat, but after a little search found one in a town north of us and the only one with the options we were looking for in 3 states. This is a beautiful ride. Love the Explorers so much this is our second...
  8. S

Here's Our New Ride!

Nice ride you have there. This is one color we looked at before pulling the triger on the Platinum Tri Coat. Love the information in your thread by the way.
  9. S

Thanks everyone. The wife is finally getting used to the new ride. She was so used to the 04' after almost 9 years of driving it so the new one was a bit intimidating. The features we love the best are the adaptive cruise control, lane depart and keep assist. We have not tried the park assist so...
  10. S

Ok here you go. Side by side of our 2013 Limited and 2004 Eddie Bauer Edition. It is amazing how far technology has gone in 9 years. The 04' was top of the line back then and I remember when we drove it off the lot how cool it was. Wow how times have changed. Can't wait to see what another 9...
  11. S

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

185,000 on the clock 2004 EB Edition. Only issue right now is the timing chain rattle that I am trying to sort out.
  12. S

Haha...will do as soon as the wife gets home. By the way there is no comparison. LOL! The 2013 totally outshines the 04'.
  13. S

How to: Cold air in glove box -OR- No air flow from vents on Max AC - Here's a workaround

Great write up. Just took care of this on my 04'. One of the tabs on the door was broken off. Now the air blows like it should which is nice now that temps have hit 110.
  14. S

I will get some pics up tomorrow. The black/pecan interior gives the vehicle a very luxury feel. This was the deciding factor in getting the truck. There are tons with the medium light stone. This was the only one in 2 states that was not 4WD that had the black/pecan.
  15. S

Picked up my wifes 2013 Limited yesterday at the dealer. Man this is a nice ride. Moved up from our 2004 Eddie Bauer. I will be driving the 04'. Limited 302A Equipment group White Platinum 20" Polished wheels Char Black/Pecan Leather Crappy cell phone pic
  16. S

Balance shaft none 4WD

I was told that the none 4WD 4.0l engine has a balance shaft, but all I have read is these were only on 4WD or AWD models. Can someone please confirm this for me.
  17. S

Help ! ford explorer 2002 4.0 xlt

Sounds like you have the same issue I have. After $1500 in repairs and still not fixed I have given up on it. Have been driving mine this way for months. Just going to let it go. Good luck and if you get it resolved post up what the result was.
  18. S

04' Explorer noise - video

So I made a little visit to the dealership to see exactly what is wrong with the truck. Come to find out that they did not say anything about the input shaft, (misunderstood what they originally told me) but have explained to me that the noise is coming from the balance shaft and it may have...
  19. S

So I got the call from the dealership on the truck and they have informed me that after 20 hours of diagnosis that the input shaft is bad and that in turn is going to make the engine fail eventually. Sooner than later due to the mileage. They did say that they were at fault for replacing the...
  20. S

Well I just pulled the serpentine belt off and low and behold no noise. So it has to do with something on the front of the engine. Now I just have to figure out what.
  21. S

I know this topic has been covered very extensively, but after almost $1500 in repairs the noise is still there. All timing belt tensioners have been replaced along with the serpentine belt tensioner and pulley. Sounds is definitely coming from the front of the engine. Noise is most noticeable...
  22. S

Timing belt guides/tensioners ?????

Just got back from the dealership. I had my adviser and two techs listen for the noise in the truck. When we first started the truck it was not making any noise. Needless to say I was shocked. I told them to let the truck run a minute and low and behold the noise started. They all looked at each...
  23. S

Well we took the truck to the dealer yesterday to let them have it overnight. I explained that the noise is more noticeable in the morning on cold starts. My advisor called me first thing this morning to say that he and two techs were at the truck when it was started and they could not hear any...
  24. S

We have a 04' Explorer Eddie Bauer edition with 180,000 miles on the clock. It was recently gone through with all fluid changes (transmission, rear diff, coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid) they also replaced the steering rack, A/C manifold line, plugs and front brakes. Shortly after...
Back