Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. kythri

Bosch 66085 == Walbro GSS250

Have you tried searching for the exact Bosch part number? The 66085 for the Explorer isn't listed when drilling down for my year/make/model, but does come up when I search for it directly.
  2. kythri

One thing to note that I've found out about RockAuto is that they don't ship 99% of what they sell. They're drop-shipping via larger vendors/distributors. As such, it's not them that's farking up your order, but some schmuck at a Parts Authority warehouse, or something similar. Next time you...
  3. kythri

Rock Auto is the best, I have zero issue with them. For ***** and giggles, I ordered a Bosch 66085 from Amazon - same thing, Walbro in the box. NAPA hasn't been able to get a Bosch in stock, so following the Bosch rep's advice, and buying from NAPA has been a no-go.
  4. kythri

What do you mean, meets or exceeds? As in, Bosch is putting the Walbro GSS250 in, because it meets or exceeds Bosch 66085 specifications? Yeah, I don't see that - Bosch and Walbro/TI are not the same company. When a Bosch product engineer confirms that Bosch isn't buying Walbro pumps and...
  5. kythri

I don't see how it could possibly be RockAuto doing this - they don't have their own stocking warehouses, they drop-ship from others. Edited to add: The Bosch rep mentioned that he has recently had a handful of same reports - a Walbro in a Bosch box. I called him back to clarify, and he did...
  6. kythri

So, the Bosch rep called me back, and assured me that Bosch has no partnership with Walbro, and is not shipping boxes with Walbro pumps in them. He wouldn't explicitly say it, but he insinuated that someone (perhaps the distributor that RockAuto uses?) is removing Bosch pumps and putting Walbro...
  7. kythri

So, I filed a return claim with RockAuto over the Walbro-in-Bosch box, and had them ship me another one. The replacement showed up today, and it is, again, a Walbro GSS 250 inside a Bosch box. I'm going to call Bosch and see if I can figure out what's going on.
  8. kythri

So, following the advice of some folks here, I ordered a Bosch 66085 fuel pump. Anyone else getting a Walbro GSS250 in their Bosch box? As far as I knew, Bosch and Walbro/TI were separate entities. Not upset, Walbro is good stuff, was just surprised to find it.
  9. kythri

PATS Module - Replacement/Swap Questions

I don't know what to say. Besides this '98, I had a '99 (not my current '99) that I was working on a few years ago and the only key physically broke. A 3rd-party locksmith with their cloned knock-off keys didn't fix it. After getting a new key from them, it briefly started, then stopped due...
  10. kythri

PATS reset? 1998 Explorer V8 - Help?

My evidence is my experience. Two Gen2 Explorers and an '02 Mustang, all no fuel pump activity until a PATS issue was resolved. More details on those experiences in this post (post #10): https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/pats-module-replacement-swap-questions.498262/#post-3938172
  11. kythri

Well, I replaced the PATS exciter ring/halo in the ignition, which cleared PATS code B1232 and B1681, and was able to successfully program new keys with FORScan. I also confirmed what I knew to be true: PATS disables the fuel pump. As soon as I fixed PATS and got the keys working, the fuel...
  12. kythri

Welp! PATS B1232 - PATS transceiver circuit fault. PATS B1681 - No transceiver signal received from the module/no transceiver detected. Both of these, at least in my specific case, were due to a bad exciter ring/halo in the ignition. Pulled one out of my "parts" Explorer, and installed it...
  13. kythri

No work done to it. It sat for about 3 months since the last time it started. I understand key programming, and I can have the keys sync'd to the replacement module (if that module is needed). I'll start with the exciter ring/halo and go on from there. Thank you!
  14. kythri

Alrighty, this '98 5.0 that's plaguing me has the following DTCs: PATS B1232 PATS B1681 PATS U1147 I really can't find anything specific here or googling around, just a bunch of ancillary stuff to suggest that the PATS module has gone bad. Will the PATS module from a 2000 4.0 OHV work in a...
  15. kythri

I got ~13V with my meter at the fuel pump connector/harness Thank you, I'll look at this.
  16. kythri

I don't think that's accurate. There's plenty of threads here that confirm PATS disables the fuel pump. Regardless, I do have a PATS error, flash-code 12 (1 blink, pause, 2 blink), so I need to resolve that in addition to whatever other issues I may have.
  17. kythri

One key only. Picked this '98 up cheap as it was a running 5.0, and I thought it'd be a fun toy. Life got in the way, and short of starting/running it and driving it back and forth in the back 40, haven't gotten to do much with it. I have confirmed that there's no fuel pressure at the rail...
  18. kythri

This is a different Explorer (98) than my 99 that I had another thread about, with a similar issue. No fuel on a 98 V8. Fuel pump replaced before discovering a PATS error. PATS light is rapid flashing, eventually dumping a 12 code (one flash, pause, two flash, long pause, repeat). Pretty...
  19. kythri

Troubleshooting PATS

Any leads on a skid plate for a '99 4-door? Apparently, they're obsolute/discontinued, and my parts people can't locate one. :(
  20. kythri

Troubleshooting PATS

I've seen some videos where someone pulled the rear seat and cut through the floor to access the fuel pump. Seems rather redneck Mickey Mouse. Not for me. I'll do it the right way, and drop the tank.
  21. kythri

Troubleshooting PATS

No remote start or aftermarket alarm.
  22. kythri

Troubleshooting PATS

Thanks! That's the one I found, too, but was just curious, since it didn't appear to be a blue top as 410Fortune mentioned. If that's good, I'll go for it. If I'm going to be dropping the tank, is there any brand recommendation on a new tank and straps? I creased my existing tank something...
  23. kythri

Troubleshooting PATS

Got a part number for that Bosch blue top? Rock Auto lists a Bosch 66085, but from the (color) picture, it has a black top. Is there not a Ford OEM/Motorcraft replacement for these?
  24. kythri

Troubleshooting PATS

Theft light does go out. Fuse is good, relay is good - tested/swapped with others, no change. Prior to the past few days, it would fire the pump about 30%-40% of the time, and of course, once running, it never went out. I was suspecting a dead spot on the pump rotor/stator. I'll try putting...
  25. kythri

Troubleshooting PATS

Can someone point me in the direction of a good troubleshooting process for the PATS system on my '99? I've been having intermittent fuel issues - specifically, the fuel pump not firing/priming on attempted startup. I was suspecting the fuel pump going out, but now I'm thinking it might be the...
Back