Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Outside keypad doesn't work.

Outside Keypad Don't work I ran in a used keypad and the same problem exists. BCM could be the problem. My explorer developed a few more problems and the clunker deal looked great so i did a trade in and bought the 2010 XLT. Problem solved. I would try the bcm if you can pick one up used. Lots...
  2. V

Keypad Thanks Jim. Will check all and post a result. Ken
  3. V

Outside Keypad Thanks for the response. Hope you have an inexpensive answer for me. That feature has saved me many a step when my keys are in the house and i need something in the truck. Is there a key in that i can do to correct this problem?
  4. V

outside keypad The key fob works OK. If i key in factory code and hit the two bottom keys the doors will lock. Unlock function is no good and light on keys does not go on when keys pressed. Sounds like I have to reset something but dont know what. Thanks for the response.
  5. V

Outside entry keypad doesn't work I haven't used the outside keypad in a while. I just tried to key in the factory 5 digit numbers and no luck. The pad did not lite up and the door lock, driver side did not open. It looks like the system has shut down. Does anyone know how to correct this...
  6. V

Hope you can help. Using the outside door lock keypad, which i havent used for a while, I keyed in my five digit code to open the door and nothing happened. Pad did not light up and code did not work. Code is the factory numbers issued at purchase time. Looks like the system is down. Any ideas...
  7. V

Seat Belts

I thought this might be a problem with all 2002s. I hope someone out there has an answer as this is a PITA. I have to watch out for my belt every time i leave the XLT. PAIN IN THE @#$* :fire:
  8. V

Seat Belts

My seat belts on the XLT keep kinking when i release them. Causes the belt not to retract fully and gets caught in the door. Is there anything that fixes this problem? Have a nice slice in my weatherstripping on the drivers side caused by this. Thanks all.
  9. V

New 2002 xlt.. extended warranty?

I bought the Ford extended warranty. It cost me $1100 with a $50 deductable. It has paid for itself in the last year. I am the original owner an purchased the coverage at the end of the original plan. Ford works on the vehicle using their parts. You might inquire at your local dealer. Some of...
  10. V

17 inch Tires to replace 16s

Thanks Mbrooks for the fast response. Thought it was to easy just to change tires etc. Guess ill have to destroy the rocks in question. I can straddle them but its tough in the dark. Well ill just buy a bigger truck. :D
  11. V

I am running Michalin P265/70R 16s. Any help appreciated.
  12. V

Mbrooks Yes. Im getting a set of four new rims and will look into the tires you suggested. Have to check with the local supplier. Have you used the combination? I have the stock 16s that came with it new.
  13. V

My fingers typing don't always match what im trying to say. The clearance at the rear of my XLT causes me to bottom on some of the roads im on. I would like to replace the rims and tires with a larger version to boost my ground clearance. Just looking for an idea as to what my options are and...
  14. V

Hi Dan, thanks for the reply. You are absolutly correct. The bolt pattern is different. Do you know if i use the proper rims will this conversion work? I have to clear some king size rocks on the way into our hunting area. The extra hight will get me past the bad area. Ken
  15. V

Clearance on some of the back roads i run on would be better with a change from 16 inch wheels to 17s. Has anyone done this and would this cause any problems with my on road ride. I am running a 2002XLT. I have 4 wheels that were inherited from an expedition. Thanks all. Great Forum for information.
  16. V

Supposed problem with wheel bearings, hub housing?

I have used a small pump to remove the PS fluid and add new. Dont remember seeing it on required maint. list
  17. V

2002 XLT Transmission noise

Just had the recall done. They replaced a kit on the rear window assy. It was done with no charge. :D
  18. V

New Brakes (Ceramic or Regular)

ceramic or regular brakes Thanks jrford. Will prob. go with ceramic and rotors if they cant be cut. :thumbsup:
  19. V

New Brakes (Ceramic or Regular)

My 2002 is just about set to need a new set of pads all arround (30,000 miles). My question is should I install ceramic instead of reg. Bendix pads? Question 2. Rotors are clean and am not getting any pulsing on breaking. Think i can get away without cutting rotors? Thanks all. Ken
  20. V

97 5.0 AWD Error Codes ?

I would also check the EGR sensor. Ken
  21. V

2002 Rear D-Pillar Fading?

Just checked out mine. Same problem. I have a Ford extended warranty. Is the above covered? Not too hard to see but I don't think I'd pay to have them replaced.
  22. V

Service engine light on 02'

Got a CD with my OBD-II reader that has most of the Proprietary codes(About 5000). Ford and GM codes included. Checked with a Ford Mechanic and he verified the ones I have. Will share what i have with forum.
  23. V

Thanks Dave. Great information. Ill add to my manual. Every little bit helps. Ken
  24. V

Well just returned from ford. They did the recall on my 2002 XLT. They replaced the rear window sensor + the kit. NC. The reading on my SES light of P1400 was the (Mike you called it) DPFE sensor. No Charge!!!!. It is an ongoing problem. The Part Number is 4U7Z*9J460*AA sensor assy. The OBD2...
  25. V

97 5.0 AWD Error Codes ?

I just bought the Actron CP9135 from Pep Boys. It's on sale for $99.99. Its great and all your responses to your msg. check out with my decodes. It will solve most of your CK engine or SES problems. As said trouble could point to electrical or egr valve or hoses. I think the egr valve is a known...
Back