Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

FORDFAN12 - I've been dealing with the strong coolant odor for over a year now. Ford replaced the hoses twice and it appears to only be a short term solution because the odor keeps coming back. How did they fix your issue? It's brutal smelling this stuff, particularly in the winter when the...
  2. S

2013 Base Explorer Heat On Rear Vents

The heat comes out of two vents located just behind the second row, towards the floor. I believe that only the air conditioning comes out of the roof vents.
  3. S

Is this vibration normal?

My car is currently in the shop and I was given a 2011 XLT 4WD V6 that seems to vibrate as well, although it's not as pronounced as the one that I own. So far, I have driven two brand new 2013's and one 2011 (33,000 miles on odometer) and have noticed the vibration while accelerating from a...
  4. S

Request for help - Survey

2013 Base 4WD V6 Rating = 6 My car is currently in the shop and I was given a 2011 XLT 4WD V6 that seems to vibrate as well, although it's not as pronounced as the one that I own. So far, I have driven two brand new 2013's and one 2011 (33,000 miles on odometer) and have noticed the vibration...
  5. S

Foul Smell in Cabin From Vents / AC

Wow, I didn't know that was the root cause. Thanks for the info Explorinitup, I appreciate the follow up. Luckily, we were the first or one of the first people to get this fix. I've been odor free since. 8)
  6. S

That is exactly what I was experiencing on my 2013. A Field Service Engineer diagnosed the vehicle and found that the odor was coming from the coolant system. The dealer replaced 6 hoses (upper and lower radiator hoses, 2 bypass hoses, and 2 heater hoses), replaced the coolant reservoir and...
  7. S

Tiresmoke, take the car for a test drive tomorrow to warm it up and punch it a couple of times with the vents open (NOT on recirculate). Dealer will probably have max ac on, which recirculates the air, turn it off. Also, when you get back to the dealership, pop the hood and sniff around the...
  8. S

Exactly, a steady stream of fumes blowing into your cabin is not normal. Per the dealer, my car was the first one to receive "the fix", by changing the hoses, coolant reservoir, and the cap. They also said that this situation will lead to a model modification. The fumes were giving me...
  9. S

I recently purchased a 2013 and noticed an exhaust type odor coming from the engine that would enter the cabin when the vents were open. It would also stink around the front of the car, specifically near the front right of the engine. After a lot of hootin and hollering at the dealer, they sent...
  10. S

Burning rubber smell (not from acceleration)

Yeah, it may not be the same issue that I had, but I just wanted to throw it out there since it seems to be affecting the 2013 models. Best of luck!
  11. S

Burning rubber smell (not from acceleration)

Definitely get this checked out. I recently purchased a 2013 and noticed a foul odor coming from the engine into the cabin when the vents were open. It would also stink around the front of the car, specifically near the front right off the engine. After a lot of hootin and hollering at the...
  12. S

Shake or shimmy in front end.

I have a 2013 and have the same issue. The front end shimmys during take off for about the first 2-3 seconds (5 - 15 mph). This happens intermittantly. I asked the dealer about it and they said that it's caused by the advanced traction control system...so, I left scratching my head at that...
  13. S

Thank you to everyone for the assistance! I'm going to schedule another appointment with the dealer this week and tell them what my mechanic found. Hopefully, this will solve the issue and I can start enjoying my new X. I would have thought the dealer would put forth a little more effort to...
  14. S

I just bought a 2013 Ford Explorer last week and I am having an issue with a strong odor coming through the vents. It happens when the recirculator is off and the vents are open. It almost smells like exhaust. When the recirculator is on the smell is not present. I currently have 600 miles...
Back