Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

Classic way they do business. Not good at answering phones, miss their deadlines repeatedly, won't return emails and takes a long time to get their product. I waited 4-5 months then received my headers. Just get used to it. They will come. Nothing you can do to speed up the process.... They...
  2. R

You know, when all said and done, I really don't believe you need to buy up-charge gaskets or bolts to make this install work. I did the Percy's gaskets and finally removed the one on the drivers side as it would not allow me to start the bolts on the front of the header without cross threading...
  3. R

From one who knows.... The product is unbelievable in quality, fit and finish and the way it is packaged is beyond anything most of us would expect. The time I waited for the product was a little long, but I knew these were hand made so was ok with that. The real and only issue is...
  4. R

Happy Days!! Headers have arrived have not opened box yet as I just got home from being in the woods all day. Will do some follow-up tomorrow with some pics.
  5. R

News Flash!!! Call from Al's Headers about an hour ago telling me the headers have shipped. This call was unsolicited by me so I think this is the real thing. Let you know in a couple of days.
  6. R

I am a long way from California as I live in Ga. Anyone out there closer to the source get their headers as yet.
  7. R

We are all pretty spoiled by instant gratification these days for sure. I remember having to wait4 months for an M1 rifle I purchased 14 years ago. Really excited the whole time but expected the wait time... While the customer and wait time do not match what most of us consider the norm today...
  8. R

Did not get that deep with him actually. I was so surprised that the phone was answered that I was not prepared to ask a lot of questions. Also, he did not seem as if he wanted to answer a lot of questions. He did say that he knew us guys were waiting on the TM headers though, and they were...
  9. R

Something a little closer to the original post.. Decided to make a call to Al's today and was rewarded with a pickup. Think it may have been Al on the phone. Stated that Erica is sick and not at work right now. Inquired on my order and was told that they are shipping headers on Thursday and...
  10. R

Thanks for the feedback bro. I guess I will just put these out of my mind and be pleasantly surprised when they show up. Really did not mind waiting as long as I have, just would have expected Al's to shoot straight with information about ship dates.
  11. R

If you can cruise by and give any kind of an update it would be good. I sort of expect to see the doors and windows shuddered and the place cleaned out.... There is currently no way to communicate with them at this point.
  12. R

Still awaiting shipment that was rumored to leave California last Thursday. Still no FedEx number to work with and no communication from Erica or Al's Headers..
  13. R

Just got a text reply from Erica-has not been at work since Wednesday, but headers were set out to ship on Thursday. She assumes they have shipped. No FedEx number given to follow up. Not being judgemental, just reporting information as I receive it.
  14. R

According to a text from Erica on Wednesday, she was shipping my headers out to me today. I'll keep you posted.
  15. R

Skurz-if you see this message will you PM me Erica's private number please?
  16. R

Swervedriver, texting did not occur to me. I will give that a shot later today.
  17. R

No headers as yet. Been trying to get a hold of Erica since Friday with no luck. Anyone having any luck....
  18. R

Spoke with Erica today.... Some kind of mix up, so won't be shipped until next week now. Did not really understand what issue was as she tried to explain it to me. Said a couple of us guys waiting for the EGR setup orders got mixed up. I'll keep you posted.
  19. R

Spoke with Erica about a half hour ago. Stated that they are really behind and are working through the weekend to get the first group of orders shipped out. New target date for shipping is next Tuesday. I'll let you know how that goes. :)
  20. R

I spoke with Erica on Monday and she stated they were making an adjustment to the EGR tubes that go with some of the sets ordered, but was expecting to ship on Friday. Soon as I hear from her that they are on the way I will post.
  21. R

Erica emailed me yesterday and stated that my headers were complete and going to ship out to me this Wednesday. I have not called or harassed her since giving her my initial information. Will follow up when I receive them or hear something else.
  22. R

I got my order in several weeks ago and was told I was number two in the 1st group of 10. I was told at the time it would be towards the end of Feb before I would be notified of a shipment and be required to pay the remainder of the money. All ok with me. I will call them first of Marchnif I...
  23. R

Just off the phone with Al's Headers. Was able to pay 1/2 up front through credit card to get this moving. I am doing a set of conversion headers, 99 Exp engine in a 2002 Ranger with external EGR. Sounds like I am going to be 2nd or 3rd in the 1st batch of 10. $710 plus shipping. I am happy!
  24. R

Good point made above. Lets everyone settle down and let this thing play out. We didn't have anything before, maybe we will get something decent here. Give skurz some breathing room to make the deal.
Back