Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Rearview Camera Active Guidelines

I believe the active turning guidelines are only available on the limited. I have the 2013 LImited and I have the lines that curve as I turn the wheel. I can turn the feature off. It's in the menu.
  2. S

Reliability survey:Your 2011-13 Ford Explorer Mileage

2013 Trim:limited 4WD Current miles:21000 No issues at all Yes very happy Yes, would recommend this vehicle
  3. S

Adaptive Cruise Control

I think it would be more dangerous if it brought the car to a complete stop. At 12MPH if you are stupid enough to not take control of the vehicle you should not be driving. At 12MPH you have the best of both worlds. 1. If you are dumb enough to not stop the car yourself, you will certainly...
  4. S

What should I pay for a Limited?

Does not include taxes and registration. I cannot speak to the sport but I know several people that bought 2013 limiters and we all got between $8k-$9k off sticker. Then you need to add back in taxes, doc fees and registration. Do your homework and make sure you visit at least 2-3 dealerships...
  5. S

3.5L AWD. That is after incentives If you are looking to purchase FWD limited with 301A package, you should be closer to low $30's
  6. S

Most you should pay for 2013 Limited with 301a package is around $38k. Should be able to get for less. Dealers all around MA are offering $8k-$9k off sticker.
  7. S

Before I chose i need some help - XLT or Limited - Read first

I should have mentioned I just bought my F150 XLT ECOBOOST 4x4 from this same dealer. Bought for $13,500 below sticker. It's not a bait and switch. You can do better than the offer they presented to you.
  8. S

Here is the add in our local paper. http://www.imperialcars.com/advertisements Check out the explorer on the left side. There are several dealers up here running same add.
  9. S

I think there are some big rebates going on..at least up here in MA. There are several dealers offering the 2013 limited ($47k sticker) for $39k. I bought my 2013 Limited ($48,900 sticker) back in April 2012 and I paid $40,500. No trade. that was their best number. You should be able to...
  10. S

Do you feel cramped in your Explorer?

We traded in our Yukon Denali XL for the new 2013 Ex limited. We were concerned abount down sizing from such a large SUV. We are amazed on how much room the explorer actually has. We have a 15 yr old and an 11 yr old. We decided to go with the bench in the second row because we saw little...
  11. S

Water Leak

Velanzie, I am happy to report that other then a small defect in my front passenger seat (which was repaired immediately by the dealership), I have had zero issues with my 2013 Limited. No issues with MFT, etc. This forum is great because it does expose you to other peoples stories and...
  12. S

Consumer Reports Article on MFT

I love my MFT. Use it every day...dozens of commands per hour while driving. I control everything in my Ex with voice commands. I have no issues if I speak clearly at a consistent speed.
  13. S

Rolled To Over 50,000 (s)Miles Today!!

My 2013 is only 3 1/2 MONTHS old and it's got 7500 miles already. Driving my kids to their sporting events each day/week is racking up the miles. No major issues at all other than a few small items, which were corrected quickly
  14. S

I hate the key fob (intelligent key)

There is a location for the key. It's in the front center console. Open it up and drop it into the upper tray closest to the driver.
  15. S

Leather seat defect

I did. If someone can explain to me how to attach pics to my posting, I will upload them.Thanks
  16. S

Leather seat defect

I am newbie even though I have been following this forum since we bought our 2013 Explorer Ltd earlier this month. This forum is great and I really enjoy hearing what everyone has to say. My Explorer is going back to the dealer tomorrow to have the factory headrests DVD's installed. While...
Back