Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

'05 roof rack crossbars

drdoom...this post describes removing the end caps using a screw driver or putty knife: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418341&highlight=crossbars I haven't done it but found a truck at the jy that has crossbars and intend to get them and try to install possibly this...
  2. D

third gen full interior swap (2002-2005)

Thanks, Number4. The tape wouldn't come off in a single piece, so I can't reuse it. I will probably just use some caulk.
  3. D

HELP! power seats in a XLS

By the way, the seats aren't in the car yet, I just got the motor running off of a battery jump pack for now. Any input on the best way to wire power to the seat in the car, since I have no pre-existing wiring for it?
  4. D

Well, following the wiring diagrams BigRondo gave me, specifically the one named 'Memory Seats 123-4,' I got the motion working on the driver's seat without the memory module. It is moving forward and backward, but not up/down in either front or back. When I try going up/down, the motor tries...
  5. D

Thanks so much BigRondo, I will let you know how it goes.
  6. D

Awesome, thanks. I would think they would work. The seats are from an 04 Mountaineer, and they're going into an 05 Explorer.
  7. D

Hey BigRondo, thanks for the reply! I just noticed it. I am working on the seat tonight, and have a lot of the tape off of the wires under it right now. That would be great if you could post the diagrams up here. I have found some on the forums but they are for second gens so I assume...
  8. D

third gen full interior swap (2002-2005)

I'm working on putting Mountaineer power/heated seats in my xls as well. It doesn't have any pre existing wires. I am thinking about trying to use a fuse tap to power the seat. (Here) They're pretty cheap and look real easy to use. Anybody used these before? Would it work? If not, what's the...
  9. D

05 XLS seat wiring?

There is a black box with Motorola on it that I've read is the memory control module or whatever it's called, but what I don't have is the actual buttons that are on the door panel that you select which memory setting to use with. I guess I could try and find the controls and try to actually use...
  10. D

any update? Hi, I know this is a couple years old, but just curious if you ever got your driver's seat working? I just picked some seats from a mountaineer and am having trouble getting the driver's seat to work. I think I need to remove the memory module and hard wire everything. Did you do that?
  11. D

05 XLS seat wiring?

memory module removal? Thanks for the input, I ended up buying them. It looks like I'll have to run all new wiring like you said, but one problem is that the driver seat appears to have the memory module in it, and the doors were already removed from the truck so I don't have the memory...
  12. D

05 XLS seat wiring?

Hi All, I'm thinking about upgrading the interior of my 2005 Explorer XLS to leather from an 04 Mountaineer with power motion and heat. I've seen a couple of threads about doing this, and some confusing accounts of which wires an XLS will already have and not have. Attached is a picture of the...
  13. D

Should I buy this 2001 Explorer XLS?

yeah I'm sure I'll like it a lot better, and a ton better than that old '94 I was driving. I paid $5500 for it, seemed like a pretty good deal, with 116,000 miles
  14. D

Well, I ended up moving into the 3rd gens and buying a 2005 XLS v6 a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty happy with it, though the gas mileage is a bit worse than I expected.
  15. D

Thanks for the replies, I am reconsidering this one based on the engine. I'll keep looking for a good V8.
  16. D

Hi all, I recently sold my 94 Explorer and am looking to get into a newer model. I found this one on Craigslist: http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/3673345200.html It seems to be pretty solid, miles aren't too high, and they're asking $3300. Can anybody give me any advice on what to ask about...
  17. D

Power Window Trouble

Hey I know this is a year old, but did it hold? I have the same problem and tried fixing it with JB Kwik Weld, to no avail. that stuff did not stick to the glass like it said it would. What did you use?
  18. D

diagnosing coolant leak, water pump?

Thanks Anime, I will see if he can put the Zerex into it. When he looked at it, he couldn't see the leak like i saw it, and said it was probably overheating at the time. He says the thermostat is probably bad, and thinks that will fix it.
  19. D

Thanks for the responses. I ended up taking it to a friend's radiator shop, but haven't heard back from him yet on it. Would basic Advance Auto Parts coolant attack gaskets? That's what I had filled it with right before this happened.
  20. D

Hi guys, this is my first post here, although I've used the forum for help a bit in the past. I recently replaced my heater control valve on my 94 xlt after it started leaking after an overheat, and now I'm seeing a leak from somewhere around the water pump, but I can't tell it it's the water...
Back