Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

UK 1998 Generation 2 Explorer for sale

Hi Si Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, I have never been on Facebook. I would prefer it to go to a good home, particularly as there are only 250 left on the road in the UK. I hope you get around to fixing yours. Neil
  2. K

I would add pics, but cannot work out how to do it. Any tips?
  3. K

My wife's Explorer is for sale. It is a 1998 and she has owned it for circa 22 years with one previous lady owner. This car has been well loved and has loads of history. It is pacific green with an excellent velour interior. It was bought from a main dealer. For the last few years, it has had...
  4. K

UK second gen Explorer intermittent crank but no start.

Hi from the UK. I have deliberately not placed this in the UK section, as there is not as much Explorer knowledge over here. However, I am more than happy to hear from anyone in the UK, who has a view. There are only circa 300 second gen Explorers still on the road in the UK....they are...
  5. K

Does your explorer need fixing?

Hi Simon I hadn't heard from you so ordered one from the US. Thanks anyway. I am thinking about having a refurb/ overhaul on my 98 explorer, so may be in touch to discuss. Thanks Neil
  6. K

Hi Si How does the part look? Neil
  7. K

Rear shocks for Northface edition

Hi Howard I have been trawling through the forum re the right Monroe shocks to replace the original Motorcrafts (21 years old now!) on my 98 Ex. Rockauto shows 40005's for the front( not UK cars?) and then shows a 40006 as a rear right....but nothing for a rear left. I note you say 40005's and...
  8. K

If it looks OK I am happy to pay £20 shipped as a new one from US..landed...is £50.
  9. K

Hi Si Is the u-bolt plate in good condition...not too rusty? How much would you charge including postage to TN15 8NR? Thanks Neil
  10. K

Hi Si I have owned my explore 20 years. Has become part of the family. Do you turn your hand to all explorer work? Are you breaking any? I am looking for a driver's side rear leaf spring U-bolt plate. The plate that connects the bottom of the air damper to the leaf spring. Thanks Neil
  11. K

Hi BlueKA. Where are you based? Thanks Neil
  12. K

1997 Explorer breaking most parts available

Hi. I am looking for a driver's side (RHD) rear leaf spring U-bolt plate. It is the plate which attaches the bottom of the air damper to the leaf spring. Do you have one? Thanks Neil
  13. K

UK - 2004 3rd generation V8 Eddie Bauer - radio installation

I still have my 2nd generation which is going strong and 20 years old. I have just bought a 3rd generation Eddie Baur V8, 2004....imported as a right hand drive from Japan. It is a very different driving experience to a 2nd generation. My wife loves it but I must admit I prefer my 2nd gen...
  14. K

Hi Chris. Welcome back. Have you started breaking Explorers yet? I am looking for an oil cooler...

Hi Chris. Welcome back. Have you started breaking Explorers yet? I am looking for an oil cooler for a 1998 EX. Thanks Neil
  15. K

ARC - air suspension

Hi Kevin, the first thing I did was change the dif oil,,,,but no difference. will look at the other stuff. the click on full lock....is that with the Ex in four wheel drive high range rather than the default rear drive mode? I have not been aware of any clicks. I will have a poke around at...
  16. K

ARC - air suspension

Thanks Kevin. Discs and pads on. I used Mintex discs as the "cheap" ones I fitted 15K miles ago had warped. All good now. I still have an odd drone from the front end. Sounds like a bearing but I replaced both front hubs and it is still there. It seems to be from passenger front. Any ideas...
  17. K

ARC - air suspension

Hi All Couldn't help myself. I put my safety goggles on and had a good look at where the air line entered the air damper via a green plastic ring. I turned off the ARC system and having a feel around I could feel a split in the white plastic line where it entered the green ring. There didn't...
  18. K

ARC - air suspension

Hi All My 98 Ex recently had a new exhaust fitted....rear of the cats back. I tend to do most work myself these days as there appears to be little Explorer knowledge in independent garages and also...sadly...little care in their work. However, as I didn't have access to a pit/ lift and the...
  19. K

98 Ex - bracket above spare wheel

Ha true.....but you don't buy from Ford. Would be after market...someone like Rock Auto. :D
  20. K

Thanks Guys Hi Firephoenix.....it isn't that bit. It is the pressed steel bracket which is attached to the floor and sits above the spare wheel....u can only really see it when you lower the spare on its wire. I tried attaching a picture but have failed so far. I guess our super salty roads...
  21. K

Hi guys. My 98 Ex is still going strong. I have owned it since circa 18 months old and it has been soooo reliable......seriously! 141K miles now. Cars are quite rare now. Have you checked out how many left.co.uk? 1201licensed and 601 sorn as of the first quarter of 2015. I saw a red one (r...
  22. K

98 Ex fluids

Hi All I have found the thread I was looking for. Thanks Neil
  23. K

98 Ex fluids

Hi All Sorry about this. I have been looking for a useful post I had seen previously and cannot find it. I want to change the fluids in the front diff (8W90), Transfer box (ATF - Mercon V) and rear diff 75W145 synthetic. Can someone confirm the quantities and also make any...
  24. K

Spark plug change

Hi there. Sorry I did not respond before but I have only just noticed your message. The Ex is running OK on Iridium plugs but if anything I think it was a little smoother on the original Motorcrafts....not a lot in it mind you. Cheers Neil
  25. K

Tyre update

Hi folks Just an update I replaced my tyres a few months back. I changed the Goodyears (as provided by Ford for the recall) for a set of 265 70 16 General Grabber AT's. These have proven to be good tyres and a lot cheaper than BFG's. I have not had the chance to try them in the snow yet...
Back