Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

'02 S/T 2wd Moog UPPER Ball Joint Boots torn

I quick read thru the various posts about the damaged Moog ball Joint boots and how members here have searched and in some cases found replacement boots. However, many of the posts are somewhat dated. Does anyone have a current vendor (non-MOOG) and p/n for the Upper MOOG Ball Joint Boots...
  2. P

'02 Ranger EDGE Brake Rotor and Drum Part Numbers

Need to replace the Front Brake Rotors and Rear Brake Drums with MOTORCRAFT parts. I've been 'net searching for the correct p/n's which has led me to a state of confusion. Here's what I have: 2002 Ranger EDGE. Extended Cab, Flex-Fuel V6, 2 WD, TORSION BAR Front End, 15" wheel/tires It has 10"...
  3. P

Cruise Control Button Replacement Part, OEM or.....

Fellows. Need to replace the cracked thru Cruise Control Switch/Buttons. The Ford OEM switches are around $110ish. Some off the wall replacement buttons are as "low" as $20ish. Is the price difference a "quality" difference? Would like to do this job one time.
  4. P

'02 S/T Cruise Control Switch Cover replacement

The "plastic" covers of the Cruise Control Switch(es) on my '02 S/T are cracked and missing parts of them. System works fine. I've done a search on the Forum about replacing JUST the covers but don't seem to find a specific procedure to do so. I don't "think" the covers themselves are...
  5. P

Confusion over wheel bearings 2002 ford explorer sport trac 2wd

Honda..... Here's my .02 worth. With 260k on your S/T and IF the Front End is OEM you have some work cut out. Not HARD but you have a "project" that is going to take some time depending on what your "skill" level is and what tools/equipment you have...on hand. Again... here's my .02...
  6. P

Joshuatbird.. You have the correct parts listed per Rock Auto. BUT....... you only need the NATIONAL seals ( the SKF seal is the same thing but is not described as being INNER). There is only one seal (INNER) on the 2WD front wheel hubs. ALSO...... you do not need the Dust Cap UNLESS you...
  7. P

HondaSlave1342. First off.. What S/T year and model do you have? Second.... why are you asking about the rear?
  8. P

A parts supplier I have used is ROCK AUTO. I just looked and they have the parts you would need. Once you get to the year/model of your S/T look under "BRAKE & WHEEL HUB". DONT purchase "inexpensive parts". BUT....... the bearings and races ARE reusable/regreaseable IF.... IF...... the are...
  9. P

If you have the 2 Wheel Drive ( Rear Wheels are the driving wheels ONLY) S/T the front wheel bearings are a inner and outer TAPERED roller bearings. The bearings roll inside races which are secured within the hub/rotor assembly. The bearing are lubricated with grease and there is a grease...
  10. P

Upper ball joint

I've got a "02 that I recently replaced front end items on. I used MOOG parts featuring greasable ball joints. I DID replace the upper control arm assemblies and only the ball joints on the lowers (torsion bar front end). In addition I replaced both outer tie rod ends. Not a hard job but time...
  11. P

Driver front brake "growl"

ACQB... so what did you find wrong with the sensor that caused this noise? donalds... I was thinking along the same lines as you
  12. P

EGR Hose replacement

Have what I think are (dry) rotted EGR hoses. At least when you touch them you get covered with this black colored soot. I replace them years ago and apparently Ford does not supply the pre-formed set anymore. Ideas? I realize I can just get bulk hose material and install them BUT I'm...
  13. P

Transmission valve control question

Seems if the fuse is "blowing" there is a short somewhere. Have you disconnected the wiring and then installed a new fuse? If the fuse "blows" I would think the wiring is a problem. If the fuse doesn't "blow" then the problem is something else.
  14. P

Code/Scan Raders

German.... Thank you. I'll take a look.
  15. P

Code/Scan Raders

Thanks Fellows. Really would like a "stand alone reader/scanner. Been reading about the Launch tools but I'm concerned about the support the company offers. Apparrently some purchasers have had a very difficult time getting help from Launch. So...any suggestions for a 'stand alone unit" I've...
  16. P

Code/Scan Raders

Fellows. Have a 2002 S/T and a Ranger Edge. Wanted to have the DTC, etc read and contacted the local Ford dealer to do so. Got told its a 2-3 day wait as they are soooo busy....and they charge $100. So with the $100 one time charge I thought I might purchase a Reader (would pay a $200-$300)...
  17. P

Rear Transmission Seal replacement

Thanks Fellows. Mission accomplished. Minimum fluid lose after raising the rear end.
  18. P

Dash board going crazy

Come on Man.... Re-read your question..... does it make ANY sense?
  19. P

Rear Transmission Seal replacement

"02 Edge 3.0 V6 with the Automatic Transmission 2wd. Need to replace the rear transmission seal. How much fluid will I loose when I pull the seal? Have a New Ford OEM seal in hand
  20. P

Miracle in a bottle for Timing Chain tensioner?

410Fortune. You mention that Ford says to replace the tensioners every 90k. Where did you find that info? Thanks
  21. P

"02 Edge Lower Ball Joint tools

Fellows. Recently replaced both Lower Ball Joints in my '02 Ranger Edge. I borrowed the local auto parts store ball joint removal/install tool. Even though the tool kit was complete it did NOT have the correct "bushing" that would properly fit around the ball joint and contact against the...
  22. P

2003 Ford Explorer EB steering a bit tight

I change my PS fluid every 30k. MotorCraft Dextron III ??. Why??? Just because..... The old fluid has always had fine particles of something in it. 240k on the '02 and no issues with the steering (yet).
  23. P

ac not working right

How do you know its "full of Freon"?
  24. P

Who sells this Door Striker Bushing?

BTR... Its been a few years ago since I installed the PEX bushings.... I may have "reduced" the OD some to get the PEX to "latch up" properly with just abit of effort. Just don't remember but they are still on all 4 doors.
  25. P

Who sells this Door Striker Bushing?

BTR... I used the PEX on ALL 4 doors of my '02 S/T
Back