Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Idling issues - 2nd Gen

Thanks guys, There has been a slow antifreeze leak. Ill try a vacuum test as well
  2. N

Idling issues - 2nd Gen

Hey Guys, 99 EXPLORER XLS Will barely hold an idle and stall out. Rough acceleration. Just changed the fuel pump cleaned the maf sensor. Changed the fuel filter as well. CEL - too lean on driver side. bank 1 and 2. I have changed the IAC about 3 years ago. Any ideas? Any help would be...
  3. N

Cold weather starting issue

99 explorer XLS Hey guys, Having issues with car not starting in the cold weather after its been sitting overnight. Runs normal once started. Engine cranks fine just doesn't turn over. After its been running and turned off it will crank right up. Battery is new and tested out great. CEL reads...
  4. N

Starting/idling issue

Hey Guys, My 1999 Explorer XLS is not turning and idling consistently. I have a brand new battery, I changed the fuel filter and cleaned the maf sensor. But still will not turn over consistently. It runs great once started, but will not start on first try very often. Check engine light is on...
  5. N

Flashing dome lights!!

Hey Guys, Nick here from Atlanta. My 99 Explorer v6 has some sort of malfunction that is making the dome and cargo light flash non-stop. In addition there is a clicking noise that accompanies it as if the blinker is on. I have lubed the door locks as I have read that could be the problem also...
Back