Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Suspension lift kits

Rancho has some shocks that will give you a bit of a lift. No idea other than that. I've been looking myself, off and on.
  2. A

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

It's almost a year too late for jpoprock but for the rest of us, the 18mm (for a 2005) bolt that holds the brake caliper to the bracket is definitely not a 1/2" bolt. The bolt is slightly shorter than a bic pen top. Apologies, I have no tape and a bad eyeballing it tool. I pulled this bolt out...
  3. A

shaking real bad

After some discussion with a friend, sway bar bushings and sway bar link bushings are a good possibility for me. Check to see if any bushings look worn or are shredded. Check front and back.
  4. A

shaking real bad

If they weren't brand new I would suggest perhaps some tread separation from the inside.. That's one of the things I have been reading from other posts but you said you have all new tires. Post when you figure it out because I'll want to try the same fix. I did happen to read that bad power...
  5. A

shaking real bad

I am having a similar problem. Just got a rotation, balance and alignment; the problem has not gone away. I have been told to check tie rod ends, ball joints and sway bar link bushings. Going through all of them next weekend. I am still not entirely convinced it's not the tires, I don't exactly...
  6. A

How to: Cold air in glove box -OR- No air flow from vents on Max AC - Here's a workaround

Thanks, I'll double check that here in a quick. I don't think I pinched them but you never know, it was getting darker out and I didnt have my work light available. Thanks!
  7. A

How to: Cold air in glove box -OR- No air flow from vents on Max AC - Here's a workaround

Ok, I need some ideas. Last night I looked at my re circulation door and noticed that while I had my glove box removed the door was working normally. The only issue I did notice was that when I switch from Max A/C to floor, the air still comes out of the front facing vents. But still, the air...
  8. A

Thank you x's about 1,000,000 :) being in Alabama with little to no a/c is a lot less comfortable than one might have originally imagined.
Back