Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Help ! ford explorer 2002 4.0 xlt

@manjina. ok thanks will return to 91octane now. truck still has under half tank of high octane petrol so will just finish that one off. And agreed, great info from Sedition :) two thumbs up ! Oh and also sometimes the serpentine belt will squeak or squeal on start ups and while its doing...
  2. N

@sedition.. Hey thanks man. Wow, I am a bit overwhelmed at this stage since I have just bought the truck, little under 4 months. I bought it of over a good quality car yard which has been serviced and all that done to it before selling them. What my old man wants to do is to try and remove...
  3. N

Oh almost forgot guys, I recently noticed that the "4x4 high", doesn't light up like all the other warning lights when the ignition is on the "on" position (before starting the engine). the 4x4 low still lights up, but not the 4x4 high. and that when i press the 4x4 high, it seems like it...
  4. N

@exproblems.. Hey dude so when u moved to a different gas station, did u use higher octane for your explorer, or did u stick with the original octane you've used? My mechanic told me that the engine was pinging at around 2,500rpm on acceleration. and told me to try a higher octane. The...
  5. N

Hey guys heres the first video of my truck :) I will upload the second one soon :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPG6AD1HK44&feature=plcp
  6. N

@manjina. hey man thnx for commenting. I am from lowerhutt and i recently bought my explorer at maxmotors.. dunno if u know that car yard by paknsave lowerhutt?? anyways thou, my car is not due in until another 4,000km for a service, and thats including an oil change so i think ill just wait...
  7. N

@exproblems.. hey man thanks for replying. i took my explorer to my mechanic and from what he told me he thinks the engine is "pinging" and he told me to run the truck on high octane fuel, around 95 to 98ron fuel grade. which i did but the rattle on 2,500rpm is still present. thou the rattle...
  8. N

AC not too cool?

same thing happening on mine, you can hear that knocking sound the moment u turn ur ac on. its on the driver side engine bay u can hear the sound. very loud. it knocks every 15 seconds or so.
  9. N

hey guys im new to this website, I've got a 2002 ford explorer xlt v6 with the 4.0 v6 engine and im hearing rattling noises especially on cold start ups. its not a 'loud' rattling noise, its sound very thin but it really lets you know its there :) and there also this 'ticking' noise underneath...
  10. N

Slight Vibration/Noise From Rear

hey dude, im also having vibration problems on my 02 explorer xlt. exact problem as your one. you can only feel mine under light acceleration and when turning too. ive had that vibration since i bought the truck which was only 4 months ago lol. so preety new too me and on top of that im having...
Back