Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

2006 6r60 trans fluid change.....anyone?

Quick question. Would you consider driving with a really heavy foot as heavy duty?
  2. V

Possibly getting another Merc and have questions.

I will keep tabs on this thread to see if anyone who's done the mods I've listed can provide any numbers and or data. It's only a matter of time until I find the truck with the mileage/options I want. Then comes the modifications. :) Yea I agree, at least for emergencies you should know...
  3. V

Couldn't afford the monthly payment of an ST. And, I needed the wife to be able to drive the second family car--and she doesn't know how to drive a manual in traffic. She prefers an auto. :)
  4. V

Higher RPM power increase also means a passing and 1/4 mi times though doesn't it? Funny you say supercharger. I found Brenspeed's website and love the idea of supercharging the Mounty. Especially since the supercharger isn't a centrifugal but is a roots/screw type. My favorite noise...
  5. V

Thank you for those. I see the difference already for that 1st gear. :D So being greedy does this mean upgrading the 6R gears would make it scoot a bit faster? lol... It really isn't power numbers as it is faster acceleration that I desire. :) I'm ok with little power increase (if any)...
  6. V

Ah, well that is good information to know. I imagined them weighing a ton but if they are part of the frame then that's where they will stay. I'm impressed at how much information I've got in the topic I posted. I greatly appreciate it guys. Other than the gearing inquiry in my last post...
  7. V

Thank you everyone for the replies. Good info to know about the shifting. Thanks! I've heard some of the neighborhood modular equipped trucks make that noise. Interesting to know that may be the cause. I won't be disappointed. I understand it isn't a Mustang GT, the wife doesn't...
  8. V

I also have another question I hope you guys can answer. I see that the 6R60 and 6R80 were both offered depending on year with the 4.6 3V (06-08 vs 09-10 ?) for the Mountaineer. My question is if the 6R60 is rated at 300ft.lbs. of torque (2:1 w/torque converter ?) and the engine output is at...
  9. V

Thank you for the reply. I'll reply to your quotes. I wasn't aware there wasn't a dipstick to check the transmission fluid, in the year or so I had my '03 Mounty 5R55 I didn't have any issues so I didn't bother looking. Plus the dealer I bought it from I used to work for and I still have...
  10. V

Hello all. Last year I traded in my '03 Merc Mountaineer (big mistake :( ) for a brand new '13 Ford Focus even though I wanted a Mustang GT. Needed a brand new "family" car with factory warranty. I hate this Focus, hate it with a passion as a matter of fact, so I'm going to eat the $$$ on...
  11. V

Burning smell when A/C is turned on

The compressor seized, should know what my total is when I pick it up. I think it's close to $900. Is it common for these to fail so catastrophically?
  12. V

Couple of issues with my '03 Merc

Anyone? I would really like to know the answer or get suggestions on these issues?
  13. V

Burning smell when A/C is turned on

My A/C was working fine last Friday, as in really ice cold. Then on Saturday the burning smell started in the engine bay along with a bad noise when the A/C is turned on. The cooling is reduced to almost nothing now. Does this sound like the bearings going bad on the compressor? I get a Ford...
  14. V

Couple of issues with my '03 Merc

I've got a couple of annoyances with my Merc that I'm hoping can get solved without spending a huge amount of cash. When the vehicle is started cold the radiator fan makes a large amount of noise then the noise goes away after about a mile. My far left driver's air vent doesn't seem to...
  15. V

'03 Mounty V8 -- exhaust questions

Since I'm starting at 239hp at the crank the best I could hope for on minor bolt ons is the new edge Mustang GT's 260hp at the crank if we assume 10% increase? I could live with that. :D
  16. V

Thanks for that. I enjoy my Mounty quite a lot thanks to it's 3.73 gears. That and it's quiet and comfy. Now if I can make it almost sound like a Mustang GT, get a little over 300 hp, and get my 0-60 time to around 7.0 seconds flat or less at some point I'd be even more thrilled. :D
  17. V

Thank you, you've been most helpful. :D
  18. V

This is good news. Means more out flow if I stick with the same size piping instead of choking it down to a smaller pipe. Is this a correct assumption? Also, do you know if there is an undercarriage picture of something close to my vehicle year so I can check out how the exhaust is ran?
  19. V

Got a video or audio clip of yours? Also, what exhaust did you get?
  20. V

So keep the stock piping through the y-pipe, cut the 3rd cat off and put my muffler choice on and just enjoy the sound improvement? :D
  21. V

What do you consider "little to no difference" in actual numbers? 3hp, 6hp, 8hp at the crank? To me spending a couple of Benjamins for the added sound and a few extra horsies at the crank is worth it. My first goal is noise here, and so any extra horsepowers I gain at the crank is like extra...
  22. V

I just bought my '03 Mounty back in February and the wife is going to let me do some minor mods short of getting a supercharger (that is, not yet). I'm the second owner. :D It's the Luxury trim model with literally every option checked except AWD. Got the owner's manual case with the...
Back