Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

How many problems do I have?

So Just a final word. I did have two problems first the compressor circuit was bad at the control head just re-soldered the relay pin that feeds to the pressure switches. Then I had a working air conditioner. Knew that when I switched the unit on to max ac. Seems to negate the blend door. Then...
  2. N

Hot then Cold. in auto mode could that be a broken door :hammer::hammer::hammer:OK so now I have the air conditioning fixed, when running auto the air is hot for two or so minutes then Cold for two minutes or so. Seems like everything with an bad door says that the air is only hot. why would it...
  3. N

96 Explorer Limited AC problem

Just wanted to give a thanks to johnwartjr I too had no 12v at both pressure switches. so obviously no clutch engaged on the compressor. I re-soldered the pin on the relay and was back in business. Thanks
  4. N

If you have a Electronic Automatic Temperature Control, the relay is located on the electronics board of the control head. (the unit that turns up and down the heat and controls where the air comes out) That is all one unit, that should comes out pretty easy. carefully disassemble down to the...
  5. N

So just a little update. I did determine that there was no power at either pressure switch. after looking at block diagram. determined that power for the air conditioner circuity is fed from the EATC. so i pulled it, opened it up and found the relay to have a bad solder joint at one of its...
  6. N

Looking for post on re-soldering relay on ETCU

Can any one remember seeing a post on re-soldering a relay in the ETCU. can you help me find it.
  7. N

Ok, I need some one's experience before I tear into this. I am a pretty common sense mechanical minded dude. Here is the list of what I know. by the way have only had the Eddie Bauer for just over a week.:exp: First all fuses are good. The relay for the air conditioning under the hood is...
  8. N

97 Explorer Eddie Bauer AC Clutch not engaged

Well the clutch doesn't engage at all. no 12v to the clutch or ether pressure switch. but the relay is on on the fire wall. I will try to tap it just because I have no other thoughts. Thanks ernieX. It seems like the Electronic Climate Control is not sending 12 v to the sensors , but...
  9. N

97 Explorer Eddie Bauer AC Clutch not engaged

Have a electronic climate control. Relay on the firewall tested good and is engaged. both of the pressure switches have continuity all fuses are good. Can any one give me some direction? please I am heading off on a trip and little money. thanks:exp:
  10. N

First time Ford

If any one really reads this Hi there from Elma WA. I Just got a 96 ford explorer eddy bower edition, in real nice condition. What is that an limited or what XLT? any way the way I found you because i was looking into the AC clutch wont kick in./ has Ground on one wire, and the relay on the...
Back