Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Steering shaft adjustment

It will go on. If I line up the two flat spots it will push right on. The problem is the wheel will be at about 10 o'clock with the wheels pointing straight. This isn't a huge safety thing 974X4BLACKSPORT, it is literally the exact same steering wheel. The cars just don't use splines to hold...
  2. M

Steering shaft adjustment

I got a steering wheel from a town car a while back to swap into my Ex. The problem is that it seems like the splined shaft that the wheel rides on looks as though it needs rotated a bit to get the two flat spots to line up with my new wheel. Can the shaft itself be rotated so this steering...
  3. M

Bye, Bye 2000 XLT 5.0 (maybe)

I wish you were closer. I'd love to find a spare sohc engine with no timing chain issues
  4. M

Odd stumble on startup

I've pretty well got the truck lined out right now. I've just got this odd situation when u first start it up in the mornings. It kinda stumbles at idle a little bit. Nothing most people would even worry about, but I must be ocd because I focus on it everytime I fire it up lol. I just cleaned...
  5. M

subwoofer

Mine is doing the same thing. In for a cure!
  6. M

Extend seatbelt outside of truck?

I pulled my driver's side seat belt out to give it a good cleaning. I didn't pay attention and now the belt retracted all the way in. Is there a way to undo the mechanism so I can stretch it all the way out?
  7. M

Rhino liner for trims and bumper

I'm in the process of doing my eddie bauer trim that way. I got a few cans of Dupli-Color Bed Armor in Sandstone.
  8. M

Explorer stalls only when hot??

Mine too...
  9. M

LED swap for factory fog lights?

Anyone done this yet? I have been thinking about it for some time now. Worth it or not? What bulbs to use?
  10. M

AC not blowing out of vents under load

After a minute of snooping around I think I I found it! There's something that resembles a fpr on a coolant hose down under the alternator. I slipped the hose on and all good! It does seem like when the ac is on high it sort of surges as it blows. Any clues wtf that can be? Thanks guys!
  11. M

We'll I tried uploading a pic from Facebook, but I'm not sure if it worked. I found a vac line that wasn't connected to anything down in the passenger wheel well. It has a 90 on the end and about 6 to 8 inches of hose after an inline connection. I've got no clue where it could go since it's far...
  12. M

Well I did a little looking under the hood and found that the 2 rubber vac hoses coming off of the pcv valve were weak and collapsing whenever there was a load on the engine. Replacing these did seem to help some, but did not cure the issue totally. I'm gonna do some more digging and see if...
  13. M

Thanks for the guidance guys!
  14. M

I just noticed that my AC doesn't seem to blow out of the vents as I'm driving around. It blows out of the defroster vents during normal driving, but as soon as I let off of the throttle it starts blowing out of the dash. What gives? Any places I should look?
  15. M

Dyes to match tan factory carpet?

Hey guys, I know that there are companies out there like Colorbond and SEM that make aerosol spray dyes for carpets and interior panels. Does anyone know what shade would best match the factory color on a 2000 Eddie Bauer? There are a lot of choices, and I'd like for it to be as close as...
  16. M

I replaced my outer door handles and now I can't get my doors to open!

I just replaced both driver's side outer door handles and now I can't get either door to open up from the outside. Is there some sort of adjustment that I'm not seeing here? I've tried every conceivable position for the rod inside of the yellow clip. Moved it up, door wouldn't open. Moved it...
  17. M

Has anyone done a newer Ranger front end swap?

Lol I can't even begin to afford this right now. I just moved across the country. I was just curious is all Maybe if I end up getting in an accident and the front sheet metal needs replaced. I just think it'd be a sharp looking upgrade!
  18. M

Has anyone done a newer Ranger front end swap?

I was just looking at my Grandpa's ''08 Ranger and it got me wondering... has anyone swapped the front end onto a 2nd gen Explorer?
  19. M

Crappy idle on startup

Well the o-rings definitely fixed the issue! Thank you guys for all of the help!
  20. M

Crappy idle on startup

I went ahead and replaced the o-ring seals for the upper and lower intake manifolds. It started up and seems to run fine so far. I won't truly know until the truck sits overnight. I'll fill you all in tomorrow morning on the results. Thanks guys for all of the input!
  21. M

Crappy idle on startup

Hey guys, I'm pretty much stumped with this thing... it barely stays running on startup. So far I've done plugs, wires, fuel pressure regulator and crankshaft position sensor. It still seems to run like garbage. The only codes I get are for a random misfire. Any guidance here guys?
  22. M

Setting the timing on new engine

Okay thanks guys. So theres really no reason to set the timing if the sensors take care of things for the computer? I'm used to dealing with more traditional motors lol.
  23. M

Where's this little guy go?

Found it! It went to the connector plugged into the intake valley. Thanks everyone.
  24. M

Setting the timing on new engine

I just swapped in an engine from a wrecked truck into my Explorer. I know how to set timing on older vehicles with a distributor, but how do you go about doing this on the sohc engine?
  25. M

Where's this little guy go?

Btw it is on the passenger side near the rear half of the upper intake manifold
Back