Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. North to Alaska

North to Alaska

2. B

How to start after you run out of gas

Hello fellow Explorers, I have not seen anything on this, but I apologize if this turns out to be a duplication of an earlier post. With the temperature about -6 F my wife ran out of gas. She got confused while returning from shopping and turned away from civilization. I have, unfortunately...
  3. B

What would you do?

North to Alaska Exploreing Hi, well I did it. After changing all the fluids, wheel bearings, hubs, shocks, and of course routine maintenance on the 96 explorer. My wife and I drove the AlCan highway. Great trip, awesome views and wildlife. The explorer now has 247,286 miles on it. It did great...
  4. B

R&R 1995+ Ford Explorer Front Chassis Components: Step-by-Step Balljoints Brakes Etc

Thanks! I got it. Cleaned out the knuckle and slathered on the anti seize, went in fairly well. Actually it was easier than getting the pinch bolt in. I'll get new hub nuts tomorrow and I'll be done.
  5. B

R&R 1995+ Ford Explorer Front Chassis Components: Step-by-Step Balljoints Brakes Etc

Great write up. :thumbsup: I would be finished with upper and lower ball joints, shocks, front hub assembly, rear wheel bearings, plugs; if I could get the stub of the LH upper ball joint to seat in the steering knuckle. :mad: Any suggestions?
  6. B

1998 Ford Explorer 4x4 New Front Suspension and Brakes.

Hi, how is your front suspension holding up? How many miles since your replacement parts and fabrication? I am experiencing the exact same problem you describe. I do wish I had read more and replaced with Moog components, Oh Well. I have spent hours trying to get the upper ball joint in the...
  7. B

Hi, great write up. I'm almost done replacing upper and lower ball joints, all 4 shocks, all 4 wheel bearings, plugs. Just one problem. I can't get the LH upper ball join to seat in the knuckle. I measured the old one and the new one for width and depth. They are the same. Any advise?
  8. B

What would you do?

I am seriously thinking of driving my 96 Explorer with 238k from The Mile High to Alaska. I have owned this truck since 1998 and always joke that after an oil change "she's ready to drive to Terra Del Fuego." I have of course done almost all maintenance. She has only had a water pump and a fuel...
Back