Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

I had my water pump go out at 65000 miles. Saw a leak, took it to an independent garage right outside my neighborhood. He said that I was lucky that I caught this in time because most don’t. $2092 later all is fixed with a three year warranty. The design has the water pump inside the engine over...
  2. C

My experience with the area Ford shops makes me highly suspicious that they have ever gone to a mechanics class ever. This shop has also offered a 3 year/36000 mile nationwide warranty. I seriously don’t trust my Ford dealership to do the work right.
  3. C

Labor is $1226 for 11 hours of labor and $1146 for all the parts including engine flush and all assorted items. I’ll check with Ford today, but I’m not confident that they are capable of doing the work. It’s just sad, at 64000 miles, that this should’ve happened, but here I am.
  4. C

Well, as fate would have it, my 2013 Ford Explorer Limited started having a leak of antifreeze in my driveway. Drove to a shop outside my neighborhood to see a friend who had bought the business and had them look at it and lo and behold my truck is on a lift for a water pump and timing chain...
  5. C

Shift to Park Warning

I am now getting the "shift to park" message again after having my shifter replaced once before in April 2014. I'm now out of warranty and do not want to pay for it. This has to be taken care of by Ford. It's frustrating.
  6. C

Front end clunk - bushing failure?

That truly sucks. I don't blame you for wanting anything other than this truck. Wished it would have turned out better for you. The replacement of a lower control arm was all that I needed, but your issue is borderline ridiculous. Sorry.
  7. C

Getting the lower control arm replaced WILL fix the problem.
  8. C

It looks to be that the dealership had replaced the entire lower control arm.
  9. C

Yes, it did fix my problem. I have a tag hanging on my left lower control arm and the p/n is: MCF-2383-GB5Z-3079-F. Not sure if that is a good number, but that's what's on the sticker. Hope this helps.
  10. C

Thumping noise in front end at low speeds...

Just ask them to look at the lower control arm bushing. That fixed my problem, pronto. I had the same sound , especially when driving over a rocky parking lot. Man, I sure hope you get it fixed soon because that noise drove me crazy.
  11. C

A light "CLUNK!"

I had a sound in the front end that my dealer couldn't find for the longest until an older Explorer rolled in with the sound much more obvious than mine and found out that it was a lower control arm bushing. Fixed and that was a month ago. I'm satisfied.
  12. C

My 2013 Explorer clunking sound in the front end has been fixed. At least in the two days that I have had it. The problem was the lower control arm bushing that was wearing out. It took three visits and they found my issue only after another one came in making the same clunking, but louder, and...
  13. C

My Explorer has been on the shop all week and they have the front of the truck off and have replaced the struts twice. They still can't find it. They believe possibly that there might be a broken spot weld somewhere. I don't feel that that is the problem, but what do I know. We'll see if next...
  14. C

I have this exact same problem with only 33700 miles and just got it back from the dealer for the third time and still makes the same noise. Replaced all the same things that you had have replaced and still the clunking noise. I will be making another call tomorrow for another appointment. Oh boy.
  15. C

Maintenrce page?

It would be hard to get transmission temp on a front wheel drive vehicle, I suppose, but there is a way to find out almost all other readings on your vehicle. It's called Ultragauge. http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/
  16. C

Apps for MFT. What apps?

Here is Garmin's HUD app. http://garmin.blogs.com/my_weblog/2014/01/free-companion-app-for-garmin-hud-now-available-.html#.VafMr0o8KK0
  17. C

Apps for MFT. What apps?

Yes, SYNC Destinations on iPhone works great. Free app. Really love it. Better than the map on MFT. Has tons more POI's than the MFT navy system. I think that it is only good for free on new vehicle with sync for three years and then there is a yearly fee afterwards. But, man it is good.
  18. C

Auto Climate Control not working?

There is definitely something wrong with it. You only set the temp and it should do everything it can to keep you at the set temp, weather heating or cooling. The only difference when running the heat is that it will not blast the heat out until it has sufficient heat to blow. Otherwise it will...
  19. C

Auto Climate Control not working?

My '13 Limited Explorer works as Peter said. If any other way, it isn't working right. Get it checked out.
  20. C

Can I make my transmission quit learning?

Here is a video on how to do it. Hope this helps. Did for me, because my shifting was lagging so I did it manually. http://support.ford.com/maintenance/6-speed-selectshift
  21. C

Can I make my transmission quit learning?

I'm not sure if your truck has it, but I can override my transmission with a touch of a button. If yours has that, shift into select mode and shift till you can't stand it. That will override any shift memory your truck has.
  22. C

Shift to Park Warning

Trust me blownsmoke is absolutely correct. Replace the stick shift only.
  23. C

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Your dealer will be more than happy to change it out. Mine did.
  24. C

2016+ Ford Explorer will be the redesign?

Here is what I have heard. The new 2016 will have new rear and front fascia and a new dash layout. Also, there will be a Platnium version with the Ford 2.3L Ecoboost. It's going to be in the $60k price range.
Back