Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

the SOB Hey gang: Sorry I didn't post anything sooner. As Lincoln said, finally got the torches out. Alil heat did the trick. I would have never imagined the axle stuck in those splines, to that extreme. Again, Thanks to everyone for the help... :chug:
  2. B

Again, THANK YOU Steve The axle hasn't moved, the slightest amount. I have "peened" the end of the axle alittle from hammering, and alittle from the puller. Like previously said, I broke a decent puller trying to push out the axle. It hasn't budged. Pulling so hard with the puller, I wouldn't...
  3. B

Thanks Steve Haven't touched the explorer since the first posting. Hope to get back to it this weekend. I have the knuckle disconnected from the car. Nut is off axle. And yes, I have burred end of axle from the abuse. Will need some tidying up before I remove(when I get it to move?:(). As I...
  4. B

Thanks for the link/flick. Movie shows man pushing half shaft out with air chisel. Looked easy enough.... :confused:
  5. B

Haven't got to bearing... Using puller, trying to push half shaft out of hub/knuckle. :mad:
  6. B

*@*^*** :(:( Good afternoon gang: Another rear bearing replacement nightmare. Have had all four bearings replaced in the last 2-3 years. First two by a "professional" shop and the last two I did in the driveway after tiring of paying $$$. The left rear was done by the repair shop, I did the...
  7. B

Spark plugs

Thanks for the reply Number 4. The plug that came out has silver colored threads. Hopefully fluid isn't anti freeze leaking? I haven't noticed any drop in A/F levels? Going off course here, the explorer is getting tired. It was the Hunnys car and she got a new car. I am running the explorer...
  8. B

Spark plugs

Hi Gang: '04 Explorer 4.6 developed a very noticeable skip when "lugged". Brother inlaw has a little handheld diagnostic puter that coded 308. So I ordered the plug and coil online. Before removing plug I blew out hole with air. Got some water out doing this. I assume the water was the problem...
  9. B

4X4 light Flashing, ABS light on and Intermitent Cruise control

Sawise: I took the cobby way out and unhooked front driveshaft wire to keep 4WD from engaging. ABS light still on and occasionally 4HIgh light on. My guess is ABS is screwed up and indicating need for 4WD? (This is only a wild guess!!!). The car has 171,000 miles. Many of those miles have...
  10. B

4X4 light Flashing, ABS light on and Intermitent Cruise control

Bump. Hunny came home this afternoon with the '04. Her problem(my problem) sounds very similar to Sawise. She went to do some errands and claimed the ABS light came on first. Later in trip 4high light flashed on and off. Playing around in yard, im sure it is in 4WDHigh. Push 4Auto button...
  11. B

Liftgate glass hinges on an '04

Hello to all: Hunnys '04 Explorer rear hatch hinge gave it up today. We werent home(of course) when it happened so we got the hatch shut and left. The "screw" goes through the glass broke. Got it home and monkeyed around with it and got a 1/4" bolt with washers through glass and threaded...
  12. B

Tranny question???

Thanks JK :salute:
  13. B

Tranny question???

Hello gang, Happy New Year Hunny has an '04 Explorer w/ 4.6 and 5 speed auto. Seems transmission doesnt start off in first gear. On level ground never notice the problem because of no resistance. Starting on a hill, the motor revs and car doesnt want to go. Manually shift trans into first...
  14. B

newbie saying hello

Hi Gang: Just a quick note saying hello. Aquired a new g/f a few months ago and she came with an '04 Explorer. Found this forum, poking around the WWW looking for Explorer info. I believe i have found the place for everything i will need to know! Im sure i will be asking questions and i am...
Back