Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Ford Explorer: Are Your Rear Brakes Dragging... Most Likely Yes!

just had rear pads and rotors replaced at 58k miles. local driving - no issues - but after a 1/2 hour on the interstate there is a grinding sound when i get off the interstate and slow down to < 30 MPH - left rear. Stops when i apply the brakes. After it sits for a bit, sound goes away...
  2. S

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

The first thing the dealership did after running the diagnostics was reprogram the ABS - they said they had a TSB for that. After that they test drove it and the problem happened to them and they had to limp back to the dealership. Then they replaced the throttle body and its been a month with...
  3. S

For us - since we had the electronic throttle body replacement done on 2/10/16, this problem has not reoccurred - going on 1 month, driving every day. That also seemed to be the culprit in the article I linked in my previous post. Reprogramming the ABS - for us - did not fix our problem...
  4. S

Yes - got NTSB stuck in my head. I meant NHTSA. If this same problem exists in Explorers, as it appears the electronic throttle body is causing the exact same problem ("limp home mode") and needs replaced, I wonder why the NHTSA investigation wasn't expanded to include the Explorer. Same...
  5. S

I also found this article about the exact problem being described in this thread that was part of a settlement between Ford and the NTSB - just appears not to include the Explorer - I wonder why??? Not enough complaints?? Looks like the exact same problem to me. In that settlement, Ford...
  6. S

We experienced the same symptoms today. Tms fault, terrain knob light off, wrench icon, deceleration to 20 mph, no throttle from gas peddle, when pressing gas peddle a multiple thud sound. Dealership performed tsb (dated 2014) to reprogram the abs. They took it for a test drive and the truck...
  7. S

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

I have made a few posts in the past related to these same issues with our 2013 XLT. We noticed during the 1st winter we drove it (2012/2013) there was a strong rubbing sound coming from the front brakes when we backed out of the driveway - then it would go away. This also happened when it...
  8. S

Average age of 5th gen. owners

57 years old - wife is 57 also. We absolutely LOVE our 2013 XLT. After never ending problems with our former GMC Envoy - the Explorer has been an absolute joy to drive. We take a lot of very long trips and the Explorer is a terrifc ride!
  9. S

2013 Explorer Brakes

Well - seems the brake issue has come back to haunt me on our 2013 Ex XLT. The brakes continued to make an odd rubbing sound occasionally at times during the winter months. Now the wear sensor is chirping with only 20K miles. Seems like there is pressure on the brake pads at times. Has...
  10. S

Radio Signal Cuts Out

The exact same thing happened to my radio. It only happened once on October 5th - oddly the same day I had the Ford dealership replace the fuel delivery module (probably just coincidence.) It has not happened since then. It was rhythmic – meaning it came on and cut off in cycles – on for...
  11. S

2013 Explorer Brakes

Will do. I called and made an appointment with the dealership. Thank you Crystal for your quick response - greatly appreciated!
  12. S

2013 Explorer Brakes

Thanks for the thought. I applied and released parking brake 2 or 3 times and still feels/sounds the same. Plus, the Ex brakes with no pulling to one side or the other. Appreciate the suggestion!
  13. S

2013 Explorer Brakes

A few days ago our 2013 Explorer made a vibrating gripping sound when backing up as the brakes were applied (happened both barckward and forward). The sound and vibration got louder as the Ex was coming to a stop (last 2-3 feet). As the day went on, the vibration and sound disappeared. Now...
  14. S

POSITIVE 2011-2013 Ford Explorer Experiences

Lovin' my new Explorer XLT! After a 6 week wait, our 2013 Expl XLT arrived a few weeks ago. Now has 500 miles and not one problem with anything so far - plus with a better rebate offer than when we ordered it!!! This is my wife's new SUV - and she LOVES driving it. 202A Package, Tow hitch...
  15. S

Delivered and enjoying every second!

After a 6 week wait, our 2013 Expl XLT arrived a few weeks ago. Now has 500 miles and not one problem with anything so far - plus with a better rebate offer than when we ordered it!!! This is my wife's new SUV - and she LOVES driving it. 202A Package, Tow hitch, Power tailgate, luggage rack...
  16. S

Headlights on 2013 XLT

Thank you all for responding so quickly. I understand now - and I guess it just takes some getting use to. We're just not use to seeing such a distinctive line at the cut off point. The high beams really extend that line upwards and that's terrific for greatly extending illumination down the...
  17. S

Headlights on 2013 XLT

We love the new Ford Explorers! We took advantage of the dealership's extended test drive program, and brought a 2013 XLT with the 202A package home over the weekend. Everything is fantastic, and we are really excited. The only quesiton we have is related to night time driving. When the...
Back