Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Chasing the p0108 code

This is a pretty good discussion on that code. P0108 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input Good luck!
  2. R

Water Leak

Recently had the passenger footwell collect about an inch of water. Passenger side front moonroof drain was clogged. Tried to run a weed-cutter string through and push the crud out. Couldn't get that to work. Partially removed the passenger side wheel well liner and was able to locate the...
  3. R

2013 limited "demo" with 12000km on it

That sounds like a lot of miles (km) for a 2013. The sales director and owner's wife must have taken a couple cross-country trips in it. Sure it isn't a lease car?
  4. R

2013 4WD Explorer - Towing Hybrid Trailer

Hey Shield, Your axle limits will be found on a sticker that I think you can find in the driver's door frame. Is will show GVWR and front/rear GAWR. Don't forget to add the weight of your fuel to the rear axle as well. The 3300# rating on the rear includes the weight of the car, so if the...
  5. R

2013 4WD Explorer - Towing Hybrid Trailer

500# isn't much of a buffer IMHO. You also don't say anything about the tongue weight and weight on the rear axle. We have a hybrid TT that we used to pull with our '03 Expedition 5.4 which was capable of dealing with a little over 8k# as I recall. Our TT came in right at 4k#. The rear axle...
  6. R

2013 Sport - First Oil Change *Filter Question*

I changed the oil in my Limited a couple of weeks ago and the filter was barely hand tight. Any looser and it would have been leaking. That said the filter is VERY easy to get to. Unlike KPW, I don't have a turbo so there's nothing in the way of the filter. Once loose, it's a real mess as it...
  7. R

Oil Change interval

First oil change Just finished the first oil change (2013 Limited 3.5L) and gotta say I've never had a filter that was that easy to get to. Next change tho I'm gonna try to drain the filter a little by poking a hole in it first. Was kinda messy. The oil-life minder had 3% and the clock had...
  8. R

What is this ugly HOOK?

That's pretty funny. Better than the big wings tho, at least they have a chance to be of some use.
  9. R

Oil Change interval

I believe the newer Ford engines use oil pressure to control the variable valve timing (not a clue how). I've read on other forums that using a weight different than the reccommended will make the engine run poorly. I'm a 100% synthetic convert. No more dino juice. Synthetic oil doesn't...
  10. R

Oil dripping off oil filter

There's some people that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a car with a tool in their hand. Unfortunately lots of those people seem to work at dealerships.
  11. R

Window tinting and UV rays

I can't quantify how much UV is blocked by the standard windows but my "Transition Lenses" in my glasses will not darken in the car. I expect most UV is filtered out - like a good pair of sunglasses but the tint is hardly noticable.
  12. R

Oil dripping off oil filter

Mike or Riley have probably nailed it. I've had 1 experience with the gasket not coming off with the old filter. In my case the new oil POURED out when I started the engine. :fire: Guess why it's only happened once. Could also be a dirty sealing surface or a chunk of the old filter pulled...
  13. R

Problem Already !!!!!

That's interesting. Our '13 Limited was about a month old and one morning the battery was dead. Called road-side service and he couldn't get it jump started so he towed it to the dealer. The service report when we picked it up said the battery was discharged and they charged it up. Hasn't...
  14. R

SYNC Problems and the underlying story

It will be interesting to see if Ford can improve MFT via software updates. If not, our generation will remain grumpy owners. At some point Ford will either figure out how to make it usable or abandon the concept in favor of something "new". The latter will leave the current owners holding a...
  15. R

MFT Resetting itself often.

Thanks Rebecca, but this AM we discovered the battery was dead. Couldn't even get a jump-start so we had it towed to the dealer and will let them have a shot at the memory function too.
  16. R

MFT Resetting itself often.

I removed the flash drive to add some more tunes to it and when I plugged it back in the stereo went into an "indexing" mode for about a day and refused to play anything from the drive. Radio/Sirius/CD were ok. Tried to do a master reset an that also seemed to stall (waited hours). My next...
  17. R

MFT displays iPod song info... but no sound

Does the Master Reset change or erase any of the settings?
  18. R

'13 Xploder - Remote Start Q's

Now that's interesting. So the bride and I went out for a morning coffee and on the way home I see the hood is not completely latched. When we get home I latched it and wondered if that would prevent the Remote Start from working. Yup. So I just looked in the OM and in black n white it tells...
  19. R

'13 Xploder - Remote Start Q's

So today the remote start seems to have packed it in. Worked fine yesterday but not today. Feature is enabled and I tried disabling and enabling it as well. Symptom sounds like the feature is disabled, push "lock", "start", "start" and the horn honks. Manual says it will do that if remote...
  20. R

New '13 Xploder

Thanks Craig, Just picked it up and all seems right. I tried shutting the phone off. I suspect the sound system has radio/CD player (like a traditional auto stereo) and the USB / BT connections are managed by some "external" piece of hardware and sends its input to the stereo via a hidden...
  21. R

New '13 Xploder

Thanks 13S! I thought about cycling the power to see if it would reset but decided to take it to the dealer instead (I'm lazy). If (when) it happens again I'll give that a try.
  22. R

New '13 Xploder

So, we picked up the new Xploder on Fri and dropped it off today (Tue) for warranty. Sound system stopped playing from the flash drive (USB) and from the BT (iPhone). Worked one minute and didn't the next. The touch-screen and dash display thought it was playing but we could only get radio...
Back