Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

'92 Sport w/tranny leak

Very true. In fact, I may have already located something, not an Explorer but it is a Ford. Just need to wait for the seller to return from vacation....
  2. B

'92 Sport w/tranny leak

I wanted to follow up on this since I received some great/helpful feedback; I decided to pass on the Explorer. Three major reasons; first, the distinct possibility that the A4LD needed a complete rebuild and it was probably something I couldn't do, or partially do, myself. Second, inability to...
  3. B

'92 Sport w/tranny leak

Especially if you can damage the pump by being slightly crooked on install. I have no illusions regarding my capabilities. At this point, I'm happy to let someone else wrestle with it (or use the proper tools that I don't own).
  4. B

'92 Sport w/tranny leak

You have any idea what it would have cost had you done it all at the same time? I'm a little leery of pulling a slushbox because they're heavier than the manual. I can rest a manual on my chest but I'm not so sure if I could lift an A4LD into place.
  5. B

'92 Sport w/tranny leak

That's not far from where this Ex is. Having lived here since the early 90s, I'm leery of what I'm going to find. But, you never know.
  6. B

'92 Sport w/tranny leak

Good to hear that they're not that hard to do. I did put a BW1350 manual shift xfer case into my '96 Ex and that wasn't bad. I live outside of Chicago and of the pics I've seen, the '92 really doesn't look too bad with respect to rust. But, I haven't seen it in person, and you know how that...
  7. B

'92 Sport w/tranny leak

This is pretty much what I was thinking; offer $800 if it's not drivable. But, $3-4K for a tranny rebuild might be a bit of a deal breaker, esp. if the diff gears are 3.08 or 3.27. For that much money, I might consider a manual tranny swap. I'll have to see what the rest of the truck is like.
  8. B

'92 Sport w/tranny leak

Thanks! I really didn't think that 31s would be 'extra' load but I can see your point. I was really thinking a 1.5"-2" suspension lift would be nice (but not necessarily required) for the 31s. How do I check radius arm bushings? I'm going to assume that's part of the TTB. I've owned three...
  9. B

'92 Sport w/A4LD leak

Thanks James. At this point, I'm wondering if the transmission might need a complete overhaul (which isn't cheap).
  10. B

'92 Sport w/A4LD leak

Hi All, Mods: feel free to delete my post in the Stock 1991-94 Explorers forum since this is transmission related. I'm not new to this forum but haven't been here in quite some time. I'm looking at a 1992 Sport with the 4.0 and A4LD (153K miles). The owner tells me that engine runs but it...
  11. B

'92 Sport w/tranny leak

Hi All, I'm not new to this forum but haven't been here in quite some time. I'm looking at a 1992 Sport with the 4.0 and A4LD (153K miles). The owner tells me that engine runs but it can't be driven due to a tranny leak. Now, I've been around cars for a long time and I've never come across a...
  12. B

For Sale FS: 1994 Explorer Sport

No worries! I may have found something locally anyways. Glad to hear you might hang on to it.
  13. B

For Sale FS: 1994 Explorer Sport

Damn, I wish you were closer to Chicago. I have a set of Ranger aluminum rims that would bolt right up (just need some new tires). Although, I am a little thrown by what else needs to be done to get the slush-box working.
  14. B

Modifying Ford Explorer Leaf Springs for Lift using F-150 Leaf Springs

Hi Everyone, I very pleased to see that this post still "has legs". Occasionally, I'll get a PM from one of you asking for details. I would love to help but at this point I haven't owned that particular Explorer (or any Explorer for that matter) for six years. I simply don't recall much of...
  15. GE Motor

GE Motor

GE Motor
  16. B

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

I always thought they were lame when the headlights were used. Now that LEDs are taking over, they're not so bad. I disabled the DRLs on my VW (you need to swap in a euro spec light switch). I find it kind of odd that DRLs would interfere with other functions.
  17. Mini

Mini

Mini
  18. Mini

Mini

Mini
  19. Mini

Mini

Mini
  20. Mini

Mini

Mini