Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Sync 3

Platinum/JMR...thanks for confirming my suspicion that my dealer was wrong about Sync 3 in the 2016 Explorers.
  2. O

Sync 3

Peter and JM, It would not surprise me at all if my dealer was wrong on this, and that we're not going to see Sync3 until the 2017 MY.
  3. O

Sync 3

My dealer told me Saturday that Sync 3 is going into current builds of the 2016 Explorer.
  4. O

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I'm going to follow this thread, as my 2013 XLT has paint bubbles all over the hood, not just the rims. Curious to know if Ford offers any kind of relief for this.
  5. O

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

Interesting that it behaved differently on your system than it did on mine (assuming the Download page automatically moved to Step 2 on your system?). Anyway...glad we got the update, and it seems to work well!
  6. O

Bill, Were you using Safari when you downloaded the update? (And I don't know if it matters or not, but my Mac runs the current OS, El Capitan...?).
  7. O

Sync 3.8 Upgrade Works Just thought I'd pass along my experience upgrading my MFT to Sync 3.8 yesterday. The upgrade is definitely worth doing, but if you're using a Mac, I'll pass on these tips: 1. Using my Mac and its default browser, Safari, I wasn't able to accomplish the 4-step process...
  8. O

MFT Battery Saver message on shutdown

I replaced the battery in my 2013 XLT about 3 months ago. I think right around 3 years is what a lot of us are getting with the stock battery.
  9. O

My First Ford!! 2016 Explorer!!

My 2013 XLT w/AWD averages 19.9 on the display. Have you tried resetting your MPG average on your display?
  10. O

New A6 Nav Card Installed; How Long to Load?

Rebecca, OK....I think I'm all set now. Very strange, and I think it's that MFT was hung up somewhere. I took the card out (verified it said A6)...started the car up...was going to do the master reset, but when I got to Gear-->Settings-->System, it was telling me there was a navigation...
  11. O

Rebecca, Thanks for your reply. OK...first off, I purchased the card here: http://ford.navigation.com/products/Catalog/Catalog_Ford_Explorer_2013/en_US/FordNA/USD The card does say A6 on it. When I get out of work, I'll try removing the card and performing the master reset...
  12. O

Just a quick follow up to this.... Made a quick 5 minute trip, and still the roads weren't displayed on the nav screen. When I adjusted the zoom level, the roads reappeared on the screen. However, the System Information still shows I'm using the A4 maps, not the A6 maps I upgraded to...
  13. O

I ordered the new A6 nav card for my 2013 Explorer w/MFT and got it yesterday. Popped out the old (A4) card and inserted the new one. Started the car up, and Navigation was shown in the upper right corner of the screen, so I guess the card was recognized. I thought I'd see what's changed...
  14. O

Key Fob Issues

Just a quick update...I've switched to the spare key fob, and will report back if the same problem exists.
  15. O

Intermittent Transmission Issues?

Thanks, Brite...I'll check with my dealer on this.
  16. O

Key Fob Issues

Willi, Thanks! I'll check with my dealer and find out if it's covered under warranty. (I'm thinking it may well be, as I've never had a key fob battery wear out before!). Mike
  17. O

Key Fob Issues

Weak Key Fob Battery? I thought about including this in a previous post, but felt it's probably better by itself.... I've noticed that sometimes I have to hit the Unlock button on my key fob several times before the doors unlock. It doesn't happen all the time, though. Is this a sign of...
  18. O

Intermittent Transmission Issues?

I've noticed, about 3-4 times in the last month or so, that my XLT AWD is "stuck" in first gear upon starting out...I can hear the revs getting pretty high. Each time I was able to get it "back to normal" by either just braking to a stop and accelerating again, or by stopping, going into Park...
  19. O

Drivers seat

I have no complaints about the seats in my 2013 XLT. Mine are leather...part of a package...are yours cloth or leather?
  20. O

Combined Recalls for 2011 - 2019 Explorer models

Peterk9, I will probably write the dealership a letter to let them know their missteps cost them my business (and I've bought all my cars...and my kids cars...at this same dealership for the last 10 years!). And this is only a service department misstep....their sales department assumed, I...
  21. O

Combined Recalls for 2011 - 2019 Explorer models

Just a follow up to my earlier post... I dropped the Explorer off at the new dealer yesterday morning at 7am. I received a call at 1:30 to let me know that, yes, my fuel module was part of the recall, and that they were running out to the Ford warehouse (not exactly sure what this is?) as...
  22. O

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Update: I should have remembered that I had Firefox on my Mac, as it worked perfectly for me. I was able to report back the successful installation without an issue. I should point out that the instructions for selecting the file to report back are misleading..a bit. The illustration shows the...
  23. O

Update: I was able to complete the update download at work, and installed it this evening in my Explorer. I suspect I'll have the same Java problems when I try to "report back" the successful installation on my Mac...the www.syncmyride.com website is down for maintenance right now. I have a...
  24. O

Update: I no sooner finished posting this, and the download had finally completed! Will now take the USB drive home and attempt to install it tonite or tomorrow.
Back