Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

1.7 roller rockers or cam swap

I have done that a few times and every time it's a different cam, some with massive lift way more than I want. But I will give it a go again.
  2. 9

1.7 roller rockers or cam swap

Wow here it is almost two years later and I still haven't decided lol. I am leaning towards a cam but can't decide on what one. My odometer quite working right after l started this thread at 285k miles, I have a low mileage gtp from a 2k to put in it. I still can't decide on a cam, I have spent...
  3. 9

what do you guys think about these headlights?

I went with the projector style and love them.
  4. 9

My Explorer build.

So are you going to do the 4x4 conversation on it??
  5. 9

Problem with 5.0 manual M5R2 swap clutch won't disengage

Make sure the master and slave mach close in year, I tried to use a 90+ master on my 89 slave and it would not release the clutch. Swapped to an 89 master and never had trouble again.
  6. 9

winshield wipers

Yeah you can but they fail all the time.
  7. 9

Help m5r2 swap reverse light wiring

It's dirty but that is my revers switch
  8. 9

Use the factory wires
  9. 9

Transmission Issues.....5R55E

I know when I worked at a transmission shop we would place bits of all thread in the long vain under the valve body to prevent it from flexing and causing the gasket to leak.
  10. 9

2006+ style mirrors

Same here
  11. 9

winshield wipers

They're easy to do 30 min at most
  12. 9

Transmission Issues.....5R55E

Probably cause most just have them rebuilt or replaced
  13. 9

Ok I'm home so I'll get one, it doesn't matter what wire goes to what. There is only two and it will connect and work either way
  14. 9

Help with spedo after trans swap

☝☝ what he said, I need to quit typing half awake.
  15. 9

Mine had two blades off of the revers light switch so I just hooked it up and all was good. I'll get a pic in a bit.
  16. 9

Help with spedo after trans swap

Manual trans don't use wires for revers, speedo should be off rear differential.
  17. 9

Mountaineer truck conversion?

There was a member who did it, he lives here in Amarillo tx it's been about a year or two ago. He did a full right up on it.
  18. 9

Auto to Manual Tranny swap

Will it bolt up yes will it fit correctly and line up withe the shifter who knows.
  19. 9

Quest about a 96 transmission :-)

Yeah it could be, the computer needs it to know when to shift. I keep extras lol
  20. 9

5.0 Exhaust Thread

I have obx headers no cats and a thrush welded dual in and out with 2.5" pipe 3"X12" tips. Love the sound
  21. 9

2000 AWD gear ratio swap

An idea of what we do here
  22. 9

2000 AWD gear ratio swap

But that's what I'm saying my tires hit the finders before the bars cause any problems.
  23. 9

2000 AWD gear ratio swap

IDK why that matters I have 33" tall tires and go off road weekly with the bars and never had a problem.
Back