1. C

Exhaust

I have a 97 4.0 sohc, I dont know which magnaflo series I have ill find out
  2. C

Exhaust

I have a magnaflo and i Love it, i can be quiet or set off car alarms
  3. C

Too much oil

Hey if your magic crack case unlocks the secrets to getting oil molocules to multiply please share it with opec.
  4. C

Top Speed ?

I bought it in 99 (97 ex with 27k on it) I wouldnt recomend anyone going above 100 in an ex with more than 80k on it now its 9 years old and 130k, everything has been replaced motor, tranny, suspension, steering rack and pump, 4x4 hubs, ball joints (upper and lower), oversized tires. even with...
  5. C

Top Speed ?

4.0 soch w/ eddie bauer 4.11 gears with the stock firestone tires when it was new I cruised at 120 with more to go I dont know how this is possible because since then I cant get above 110 without the gov kicking in.
  6. C

Tranny issues?

That just started to happen to me i checked my fluid level when it first happened and it was low so I thought that would fix it. But now the levels fine and when its really cold out it still does it. I find that plugging in my block heater on days when its below 20deg F. helps
  7. C

Dash Light Out

it takes about 20 min to get to it. you have to take out the plastic bezel around the radio then the large panel below the steering wheel, then an underlying panel, then you can unscrew the dash and pull it out but becarefull there will still be wires attached
  8. C

Engine block heaters...

No my coolant level hasnt budged. I even hopped in my truck half asleep and forgot to unplug it a couple times and it didnt rip it out or cause a leak. and it only took about 20 min to install it.
  9. C

Engine block heaters...

I have the ford freeze plug heater. I would plug it in before I went to bed and in the morning I would have heat after 30 seconds. My electric bill went way up so I put a timer in line and only ran the heater from 4:30am to 6:30am. That should bring my elec bill back to normal.
  10. C

How can you tell if the 4 X 4 is working

first thing you want to do is pick up an adaquate supercharger along with some nitrous. after you install those find some 20,000lb straps. strap the rear of the frame to a secure grounding. from then place the truck in 4x4 and stomp on the gas if the fron and rear tires spin you know its...
  11. C

Blend Door

http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/idx/12/085/article/Ford_Explorer_Blend_Door_Fix.html
  12. C

Help my Motor is wrapping

I checked with the dealership and the longblock with my employee discount costs $2750, shortblock with discount ($2270) I am going to check the timing chain tensioner first. Thanks
  13. C

Help my Motor is wrapping

it started the other day, when i first start my truck in the morning there is a load wrapping sound for about 5 min then it goes away for the day. I looked at trading in my 97 (126k miles) eddie bauer for a 200 (50k miles). Ive weighed all the options trading for newer vs motor replacement and...
  14. C

Im serious about a cng conversion but can't find any kits

I would really appreciate it if someone could get me the contact info for one of the foreign companies that supply the conversion. Jay
  15. C

Im serious about a cng conversion but can't find any kits

Yo, Ive read the threads and have been researching the cng conversion. There are pleanty of great kits (around 2k installed) in the UK and Europe but I am yet to see one done here to an Ex. If anyone knows of a bi-gas conversion kit in the states please let me know. Jay
  16. C

Multipoint Sequential Gas Injection?

Where did you get your kit from and what did you pay?
  17. C

Help Help Flushed the coolant but wont refill right and overheating

Thanks guys I filled the tank and as far as the p/s goes for calls for mercon dexron III fluid for the power steering
  18. C

Help Help Flushed the coolant but wont refill right and overheating

I have had the worst luck It started a few months back when my steering rack got some tough spots so I replaced it with a dealer reman when I filled it back up I used mercon V instead of dexron III don’t know if that made a diff but when I put in a p/s pump from lappens (reman) it failed in...
  19. C

four wheel drive problem

I just replaced one hub and it eliminated the problem about 90% I also have to get a new pumpkin (front diff) But yeah It would otherwise fix it 100%
  20. C

Headlights and Dash Lights Don't Work

I had that happen I had to replace the multi switch 2x I had the burning smell it was the wires getting to hot I think the cause was I used aftermarket blue head light bulbs that needed to much power
  21. C

Rear suspension sagging

$30 add-a-leaf best investment i made
  22. C

Transfer Case Engaging on Acceleration

I know but I plan on keepin my ex another 4-5 years and I want everything working (factory) and there are other problems that the brown wire mod wont fix like when at slow speeds I turn hard I get the bump bump bump like 4wd is engaged when I know its not. Im just going to fix it right, I...
  23. C

I See. No I will prob replace it with the factory transfer case Thanks
  24. C

yeah I have 117K on the odometer Whats a 1354?
Back