Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Ambient Lighting Problems

This is a common problem that has been going on for some time. Dealers are no help. You would think Ford would have a fix by now. Had a axle bearing go out a 15K miles. Not an isolated case either. Dealer said he has seen it before. Ford quality is slipping.
  2. S

climate control

There is no heat. As soon as the engine starts with remote start the fan is on high. It does not do this on a normal start with the climate control set to auto. Sorry, but Peter's explaination doesn't make sense to me. If there is a reason for it doing this what is it? No guessing or...
  3. S

climate control

The problem has been fixed and without another trip to the dealer. I have turned the remote start climate control off and just leave the regular system in "auto". Everthing seems to be working properly including the heated seats and steering wheel.
  4. S

climate control

There is no heat to send with a cold engine that has set overnight in single digit temperatures. Auto run and auto remote start fan speeds should mirror each other.
  5. S

climate control

What's the logic behind high fan when there is no heat? In the summer to cool a hot cabin yes but not in the winter when everthing is cold. Switching from remote start to run the fan speed drops to low. Auto is auto. Whether it is in the remote start or the run mode the fan speed should be the...
  6. S

climate control

I had a Focus loaner while mine was at the dealer and I could not turn the "auto" on and off. Ford must have changed it with one of the updates. My biggest complaint is with the fan speeds. Fan doesn't run at the speed it should for the engine and cabin temperature. Sometimes it wouldn't...
  7. S

climate control

Do you have any update? I have a 2013 with the same problem. When first purchased I could turn the auto temp control on and off by just pushing the auto button but not anymore. Except for changing the temperature, the only way it can be turned off is by selecting another function or changing...
  8. S

Radio locks up

Maybe I look at it a little differently, but I didn't buy a $46K vehicle to disconnect the battery or do anything else to make it work right. Wish I had my 08 Expedition back. All it needed was gas.
  9. S

It appears the lighting problem is not solely an Explorer issue and is the result of updates and Scheduled Maintenance. What is the purpose of "Scheduled Maintenance"? What information is being collected? Is it something the vehicle can't function without or is it just tool for Ford to...
  10. S

Rebecca, Has a TSB been issued to the dealers? The lighting problem isn't something that happens all the time and if the tech can't reproduce the problem nothing gets done. IMO, the technican wants to get the vehicle in and out as fast as they can and doesn't take enough time to try to...
  11. S

Radio locks up

I can see why the new gen Ford Explorer got such a bad rating in CR. Ford can call it whatever they want, it still shouldn't happen. Shutter to think what is going to crop up as the vehicle gets some age on it. Once it goes out of warranty the cost of owership will increase dramatically.
  12. S

Radio locks up

Now I have problems with the radio. Been having problems with the ambient lighting and the climate control but today the radio locked up. All I could do is control the volume. Couldn't change channels or turn it off. Did a system reset, then I couldn't get the phone to sync. It took four...
  13. S

Rebecca, As Crystal suggested, I took mine to the dealer. I didn't accomplish anything other than the inconvenience of being without my vehicle and travel time. It was waste of everybody's time. All the dealer did was try turning it on and off and said it was working. I leave mine off and...
  14. S

Started after one of the updates. Fixing the problem starts at the dealer level. If they can't duplicate the problem it goes no further. It probably never gets to Ford to fix.
  15. S

I doubt that everyone having the problem watches this forum. I have to keep turning mine off because it turns itself on. Turning it off isn't the answer for me. It doesn't seem to be just an Explorer problem. Other Ford models also and not just limited to a certain model year. You would...
  16. S

Lighting turned itself back on again last night. Stayed off five days and for the second time in a row it is now purple instead of blue. The dealer reprogramed the computer when they replaced the hvac module. Can't help but wonder if the color change is due to the reprogram.
  17. S

I agree 100%. If the dealer can't duplicate the problem they can't take it to Ford to find a fix. Like mine, if they check the system and it works as it is intended all they will do is say they are unable to duplicate and send it out the door. Blichy's problem seems to happen frequently and...
  18. S

You stand a better chance of them finding something than I did. Mine is sporatic and unpredictable. If yours can be dupicated it might at least get them looking for the cause.
  19. S

Got mine back from the dealer. Lighting stayed off until the second drive cycle then the light was back on, only this time it was purple instead of blue. They only tested to see if it worked and it did. I don't think they would know what to do even if they saw it happen.
  20. S

My 2013 is at the dealer for a similar problem. The lights don't change colors, they turn on after being tuned off. Don't remember having the problem until after the first update. I'll post if they find something.
  21. S

Anyone else had to have the external rear hatch button replaced?

Mine still opens the hatch but requires more push of the switch than it use to.
  22. S

Ambient lighting

Mine is only on start-up also.
  23. S

Ambient lighting

For some reason mine turns itself on and goes to the default setting. I keep it turned off all the time. Never know when it is going to happen. Don't remember it happening until I had the first update installed. I'm also having climate control issues which may or may not be related to the...
  24. S

Ambient lighting

Has anyone had the problem fixed? I have a 2013 Limited and when I turn the ambeint lighting off it will arbitrarily turn itself back on. Hate to take it back to the dealer only to have them say they can't duplicte the problem.
Back