Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Maybe Dead Transmission

And neither of them sound cheap or easy to fix. :(
  2. F

Maybe Dead Transmission

OK so added some Mercon and a few things to diagnose the problem. It appears that there is fluid coming from the bell housing plug. Trying to attach pictures on my phone. Can't figure it out. Keeps asking for URL
  3. F

Maybe Dead Transmission

I saw that one, but it says that it does not do trans trouble codes. So I looked at the 702/3 series. But with other family cars. The 802 was a good all round.
  4. F

Maybe Dead Transmission

So decided to buy one, posted a three in Under the Hood asking for some reccomedations Looking at Launch and Autel. Leaning toward launch right now. Any thoughts?
  5. F

OBD II Scan tool

So I am looking to get my first scan tool (scanner) and I have seen 2 that I like and good price point. 1) Autel MaxiDiag Elite MD802. 2) Launch Creader 123p or 129P Has anyone have any experience with these to recommend one over the other. Is there a as good/better quality one that is...
  6. F

Maybe Dead Transmission

I would agree I think the codes would help immensely. Bu with the holidays don't have the cash to tow for a code for a repair I may be able to do myself. If someone in central Florida has a reader I can meet up with and pull the codes, that would be great!
  7. F

Maybe Dead Transmission

Thanks, I guess I will try it, Replace the 3 solenoids, and the filter. I see a lot of kits that you replace the solenoid, the filter and a gasket. So if thats it, then I guess it is a very workable repair when you are laying under it. It looks like I can remove a solenoide pack and bench...
  8. F

Maybe Dead Transmission

So after a ton of research. I have a 4r70w trans. So I can find them from f150 but not a lot of explorers. Since only about 8-10 % we P vin suv's. find trans that they say will fit. But they are the 5 speed. If I replaced it straight away. Would it fit and would it work with a AWD system
  9. F

Maybe Dead Transmission

Well that sounds workable. Is it expensive repair?
  10. F

Maybe Dead Transmission

I am in Florida. Make me a offer I can't refuse. New shocks front and back last year. Gabriel's max adjust in back and kyb in front. Plus as a bonus, new windshield wipers. Last weekend. Come on can't beat it!!!
  11. F

Maybe Dead Transmission

Nerd2000: That is the main reason why I don't want to get ridd of the car, I do love the option on it, I know it needs some exhaust work also, and the engine probably needs a good once over. Even 17 years old, it is still fun to drive. 96eb96, will have to tow it in and see what they say.
  12. F

Maybe Dead Transmission

Hi all, Have a 2000 Limited V8 with 158,780 miles and have been having some trans issues. Yesterday, O/D light starting flashing on way to work. No big deal has done it before, and fixed itself. But on the way home is where things got a little sporting! Light went off and drove at speed...
  13. F

Exhaust system replacement

So driving around lately and the car it sounds like hell. I am thinking it is in the muffler. It gets louder when I hit the gas and quiet when no power is applied. It is the stock system that came with the car (2000 v-8 limited). Still has power when I push the pedal down, how can I check if...
  14. F

Transmission issues

So driving y explorer today. 2000 v8 limited I think with the 4 speed trans. What is happening is cruising at around 40/50 ish at the lower gear (3) @ pax 2500-3000 rpm shifts up to fourth, then in 4 rpm at around 1000 drops back into 3, rpm pop up the transmission back into 4th gear. It will...
  15. F

All you need to know about keyless entry

Remote question Ok so I have searched the thread and have not seen this problem before. I have a 2000 LTD. My remotes only work about 50% of the time. I can get them back into program mode and reset them, and they will work for a few hours, but then the next am it won't work. But latter in...
  16. F

Thinking of selling

well this is a eye opener. It is a lot less then I was expecting. So with that being said, should I try to off load it, since it is at the bottom and any money I put in will not help raise that #, or just keep it till it's dead?
  17. F

Thinking of selling

Yikes :eek::eek::eek: That is what I am thinking, I know it is what the market will bear, and I want to make sure I am realistic with what I want out of it, because I am thinking of getting something else, so I need to know what I can spend. I will try CL also, see what plays out. I paid 4K...
  18. F

Thinking of selling

Hello, So I am thinking of selling my 00 Explorer Ltd. And down size to a Subaru Forester. The 5.0 is hurting me, not as much, but still. I guess I have had so much help, with fixing my truck here, I should ask, what do you think would be a fair price for it? Details: 2000 explorer...
  19. F

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

But my understanding if I keep the 2 piece kit on the pass side, I just need to remove and then replace the 3 bolts that is holding the second piece to the wish bone part. Since I am not taking that off, no need to replace that right?
  20. F

No, I do not have them. Where would I find that? I was going to fight it right over to the shop for alignment. Less then 5 miles. If I am reading things correctly if I count the turns, mark the bolts I should be able to get it back somewhat to where it was. Good enough to get me to the...
  21. F

2000 UCA Pass side replacement I am going to replace the pass side UCA shortly, I was going to use the 1 piece, but I think if I stay with the 2 piece it will be better for me at the alignment shop. I have UCA, I am doing the shocks as well, replacing to KYB gas adjust, is there anything else...
  22. F

Power Steering cooler replacemnt

Hello all, I found a thread about this problem pretty far back. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301544 But I had a question about the replacement part. I found the cooler a Hayden 1010, it has the same saize and dimension as what is currently on my LTD. My question...
  23. F

Complete Brake Job

Thanks for the tip on the brake lines. I am going to look at the connections and see. I may do the rest of the job and have ford do the lines. I am looking at what I think are good brands. So I am not to worried, just was wondering if some one tried Wagner pad or some other name brand and...
  24. F

Complete Brake Job

Ok so it sounds like there is not a huge difference over a brand or another or anything to stay away from. The brake lines are just the soft one's going into the caliper. So I am going to have half the line disconnected to replace the caliper anyway. IS that extra step that big a risk? How...
  25. F

Complete Brake Job

I will take a look at them thanks!! Any recommendations for calipers? Was not sure I had ABS.
Back