Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Door handle

Anyone know where to buy right rear door handle for 06 Ford Explorer in Canada?
  2. T

Change oil lite

Have o6 Ford EXplorer, cant get the :change oil lite: to go stay off, i cancel the mileage, set it 100%, stays off for a mile, comes back on and stays on, tried it a lots of other percentages but still same,any ideas what to do?
  3. T

Abs

Thats exactly my point, i can shut off the abs but the indicator lite stays on,its that indicator lite that i really want to shut off, same as the low tire warning lite,i run my tires at 30 psi and the tire pressure lite stays on,if i could eliminate these two lites i would have the perfect SUV.
  4. T

Abs

ABS brakes Dont look like anyone knows!
  5. T

Abs

Is there a way to disable the ABS brakes without having the warning lite coming on?06
  6. T

4th Gen "brown wire mod"

Brown wire Thanks but all the info i seen is that if one pulls the fuse the dash lite stays on,where as cutting the brown wire disables the T case with no lites on,theres lots of info on 05 and down but cant find any info on 06-4th gen-.someone must have done the mod on the 06 and newer,and...
  7. T

4th Gen "brown wire mod"

BWM Brown Wire Mod 4th Gen I know this is an old post but I also would like to know if the BWM will work on 06 and newer EX,lots of info 3rd gen but cant find any on 4th.
  8. T

06 ford ex Camber kit

All that i can find pertains to 05 and older EXs,yet the parts listings list these washers for 06 and newer, these washers are not tapered,or off centered,so how do the adjust the camber except the control arm can slide in some slots in or out, it does that now with no extra washers. so why the kit?
  9. T

06 ford ex Camber kit

I have a 06 Ford EX,i want to put a camber kit on,can get front and rear kit,the rear (pics) show how they are made and how the work, very simple, but the front kit just incudes 4 washers for each side, instructions say to take the 2 bolts on the A frame out, put one washer inside and one washer...
  10. T

Bearing,tires or something else?

Update Put the right side bearing in,Ex sounds like brand new again ,right side bearing had no play in it,but it sure was rough,left side had no play also,wasnt near as noisy as the right, funny thing when i changed the first one, it run silent for the first 20 miles or so,then the second one...
  11. T

What about Made in Tiwan by Moog,always thougt Moog was good!
  12. T

Well today im going for another bearing,nothing else to try,except if i still hear the noise i will take the one off i put on the other day and see if it was faulty right out of the box, one correction,i said it was a bearing made in China when in fact it was made in Tiwan,and is a Moog . Then...
  13. T

06 EX XLT 4WD, tires are 35% left, recently developed a sound,only at 20 to 35 MPH, its like maybe if a front wheel bearing or a tire that makes a sound with each rotation,its not a scraping sound , more like a wrrrring sound, but not steady, sounded like left front wheel bearing so i changed...
  14. T

06 wheel alignment

Only the drivers side!
  15. T

06 wheel alignment

06 XLT xplorer,right front tire is wearing i bit on the inside,checked every thing for wear none anywhere.loosend the 2 bolts on the upper A frame to slide the top of the wheel out, there is close to a 1/2 inch adjustment to move the wheel in and out, it was already out as far as it will go,put...
  16. T

Info On Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)

Tpms Hi-your idea sounds like a good one, have you done this or know someone who has,please advise, i'd sure like to know.
  17. T

pcv valve

Pcv Thanks but the 06 and newer are different.
  18. T

pcv valve

Need info on how to change the PCV valve on a 06 Ford EXPLORER, 4.0 L engine,with pics if possable, lots of instructions on the 05 and down but cant locate info on the 06. Thanks
  19. T

Need help finding a power seat to fit

seat I also would like to find a passenger side power seat, 6 way would be fine, mines a 06,same thing as 07,i only need the base with the electrics, not the seat itself,seat will bolt to base, very hard to find, lots of drivers side ones, wires are under the seat already on mine, i think 06 to...
  20. T

Raise Ex 1 inch

Spacers Thanks, good info, just what i need to know, have a ??, how did you get the bolts out to put longer ones in, aint the bolts welded in or pressed in or what? Also did you have to use a spring compressor to replace the bolts.
  21. T

Raise Ex 1 inch

There doesnt seem to be any way to level an 06 Ford Ex other than going wih Truxxx,but that also raises the rear, as i only want to raise the front (1-1/4 in) which should make it level, i am looking at extending the bottom of the strutt by 1-1/4 in, there is 2-1/2 in from the mounting eye to...
  22. T

Level 06 Ford Ex

Whats the best,easiest, cheapest way to raise the front of 06 Ford Ex, just want to raise it enough so it sits level,looks like about 1-1/2 to 2 inches,looks ugly with the nose hanging down.
  23. T

Fogs with brites

I have searched and searched but as yet cannot find where i can make my fog lites stay on when i switch to brites on a 06 Ford Explorer,and maybe it cant be done,there is lots of info and diagrams on how to do it on 05 and older but not 06 and newer,(Canadian,if that makes a diference),I did...
Back