Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Ridiculous parts prices?

Get a cheap foam mouse pad and cut out a circle from it.
  2. S

No driver side brake light

My drivers side break light is kaput. The left and top brake lights work (so not brake switch). Tail light works and I have power to both on the plug. I know the bulb is good because it's new and worked in the left side. I'm thinking all that can be left is the socket that goes into the housing...
  3. S

No Key Detected

Yesterday I got into the 2013 Limited and started up. Backed out and got about 40 yards from the house and the NO KEY DETECTED message displayed on the Left Screen. The key was in my pocket where it always is. My question is this an early warning that the battery in the FOB is able to die...
  4. S

Straight pipe or true dual

I put true dual exhaust on my 99 with the V8......makes all the little ponies jealous at red lights.
  5. S

Bolt size rear license plate??

I thought they were all the same size. Local auto parts stores and Walmart/Kmart sell them around here.
  6. S

Nav SD Card

Thank you very much! It says Information so I don't need a card because it doesn't have navigation. I can use my phone anyways. Thanks again for the help.
  7. S

Nav SD Card

We bought a 2013 Explorer limited on Friday June 19th. It's a CPO vehicle and I've been learning the SYNC stuff. I noticed today that it didn't come with a SD card for the nav system. I assume the person who traded it in kept the card. I'm going to stop at the dealership on Monday and ask...
  8. S

Lift Glass Hinges

$255 is what the dealership charged me for parts and labor.
  9. S

Lift Glass Hinges

I think Im going to bit the bullet and just let the stealership replace them. Anyone wanna buy a kidney? LOL
  10. S

Lift Glass Hinges

Brand new from the ford service department at the dealership here.
  11. S

Lift Glass Hinges

I just find it weird that the 1st set lasted 10 years and the next set don't make it a year. I'm about ready to just get one that is solid and go that route.
  12. S

Lift Glass Hinges

I got new hinges they just wont hold on.
  13. S

Lift Glass Hinges

It's the bolts thru the body not thru the glass.
  14. S

Lift Glass Hinges

I have a 1999 V8 AWD XLT Explorer. I had the hinges that hold on the lift glass on the lift gate to break the bolts out of the hinges. We replaced them with factory replacements. The bolts didn't want to hold in the hinge part when you tightened up the nut inside the door so we ended up using JB...
Back