Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Rear brake caliper rubber cover torn, replaceable?

Update: Yes it's possible to install a new boot without taking the caliper out. Pull the bottom of the old boot out with a plier, and push the new one in. It's easier to slip the top part of the boot when the caliper is extended.
  2. S

Thank you! Is it possible to get the old boot out and install the new one without bleeding and pulling the piston out? I've seen in this video the seal is just inserted but not sure if the bottom of the seal is always surrounded by the piston and cannot be pulled out without a teardown.
  3. S

Hi all, Sorry if duplicate, I'm sure it's been asked before but I cannot find a clear answer. The rear caliper rubber dust cover (The piston cover, not the pins covers) tore when I rotated the piston to compress it. Is that an easy replaceable part? Or should replace the whole caliper...
  4. S

CODE P0456

Did you get this resolved? I got the same code twice already, will try the funnel trick but I suspect it might continue.
  5. S

Bye bye Ford and Ford Explorer

What did you get? How was the trade price?
  6. S

Seat Covers

Suggestions for driver seat cover? Hi all; My jeans back pockets are starting to wear out the leather where the pockets have these thick stitches. Does anyone have suggestion for a porous (seat AC) seat cover? Thanks
  7. S

breaking in wet conditions water splashing upwards from front grill

I know it sounds weird and I'm ready for some meme shaming to come my way but when driving through wet/rainy conditions and breaking I see water splashing upwards from the front grill onto the hood. It's strange because as the ex slows down the splash intensity increases so it's as if something...
  8. S

Syncmyride.com being updated

Got it done. A few times during the update everything went dark for a couple of minutes which was a bit scary. other than that smooth update process. First impressions: Click responsiveness is way up. DST setting is gone but GPS time is still one hour back. Will see if 911 Assist still...
  9. S

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

I'm about 6 months post deactivation. You will start getting the 25$ for six months letters soon after the deactivation and that's pretty much as good as it gets. They will not add internet listening and will not budge on the price once the six months promo is up. I basically gave up on...
  10. S

Bluetooth (stereo) connection issues

The BT stack on the EX is atrocious, especially when pairing the same device for phone and stereo. Hopefully someone at ford is working on that but from experience (search the forum for 911 alert and DST handling) it will most likely get worst before it gets better.
  11. S

...and this is why I can't have nice things.

what's the white stuff on the pictures? noise damper?
  12. S

Adding dashcam. Any tips?

I got one running for a few weeks now and I'm pretty please with it. below are some pics of my setup. Camera was 65$, 180 degrees view so it's A pillar to A pillar with GPS and 4 axis accelerometer. Things to note: 1. Most cameras come with a lighter adapter. the issue is the lighter...
  13. S

Front Parking Sensors

I understand the front parking sensors do not beep on the explorer (unlike smaller Fords like the focus..why this oversight Ford??). Did anyone get an aftermarket beeping front sensor installed or any other ideas?
  14. S

Air re-circulate 5 minute timeout

Thanks Peter; I'll wait until it goes over 40 degrees to test that :-)
  15. S

Air re-circulate 5 minute timeout

my air re circulation is turning off exactly (i timed it several times over several days) 5 minutes after it's been turned on. Is that the way it's supposed to be? is there a setting for that? Thanks
  16. S

so why Wi-Fi?

At least with Android; t-mobile seems to detect traffic that did not originate from phone and blocks the service (even on rooted devices) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1657386
  17. S

so why Wi-Fi?

I believe you will still need hotspot on your phone for that to work. I'm guessing the use case is offering wifi to passengers that you DON'T want to connect directly to your phone hotspot (e.g. if you are a taxi driver)? just a guess..
  18. S

Burning oil, aka "Sulfur smell" TSB FAILED

I resisted commenting on this hoping Ford would do right and fix the issue but after 2 trips to the dealer where in the 2nd visit the rep said they ripped the back part out and found no place where the fumes can seep in but they still get the smell. now dealer is not returning calls and Ford...
  19. S

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

got the 3 weeks remaining letter, called them up, talked to the supervisor which insisted that their lowest anual rate is 85$. Did anyone recently managed to get a lower anual rate? She claimed that they cannot include internet with this price. She also mentioned the 25 for 6 months on music...
  20. S

And the Award for Biggest POS Design Ever Goes To...

What are you referring to exactly and what is wrong with it? Not sure I get it.
  21. S

Air Circulation Mode Resets to off

I like having the air circulation set to on (I like to believe it somehow reduces dust buildup in the cabin). The problem is it gets reset each time I shut the car down. So next time I start up its in the off position. Is there a way to get this to stay on?
  22. S

Well I was rear ended by another driver ...only 3300 miles on the clock!

raise your 3300 miles to 43 while driving out of the dealership the day after purchasing! this is my third rear ending in 12 years and why bench second row (for 3 kids) and a hefty trunk are my first requirements. At least you were in a great truck to take the hit.
  23. S

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Did the same but to be safe also checked with parts department to make sure they have all 4 parts in stock. Parts guy said one item is only available in Detroit, he ordered it and said it will arrive for a Wed. appt.
  24. S

Rear View Mirror is Drooping!

Had to go out of town for a week, came back and the mirror was severely dropped to the bottom right. So this is not me getting shorter or taller but the mirror drooping.
Back