Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Transfer Case Issue

Hello I just went to the salvage yard Saturday and bought a transfer case($200) instead of replacing the parts inside. It took about 2.5 - 3 hours to replace my 02 mountaineer. I have over 240,000 miles after purchasing it in May 2001. I was fortunate to find a local mechanic who was willing to...
  2. S

2004 Explorer (K) flashing O/D off light ABS light.

I have a an 02 mountaineer that has the o/d light flashing and check engine message. I'm going to try to change the torque converter. That may be your problem also. I will keep u posted on my progress.
  3. S

Video of a noise on 2002 explorer

have u had your ball bearings checked. My 02 mountaineer made that noise once and I believe it was my ball bearings.
  4. S

Transfer Case/Viscous Coupler Issue

Hello I just changed my transfer case on my 02 mountaineer on 11/28/15. My suv was binding on each turn. Instead of changing VC I went to the salvage yard and found a transfer case ($200). It took about 2.5 hours to change it. But it works fine, now, at. Least no more binding.
  5. S

Viscous Coupler replaced successfully

Hello everyone I just wanted everyone to know that the binding in my 02 Mountaineer was due to the viscous coupling. I just changed mine this past Saturday (11/28/15) and there is no more binding. Unfortunately, my o/d light is now flashing and check transmission message has appeared. Could...
  6. S

Viscous Coupler will a bad vc cause the check transmission light to come on?
  7. S

O/D Light Blinking, Check Transmission in Message Center

Where is the torque converter located and is that something that I can fix myself
  8. S

02 mountaineer viscous coupler I'm experiencing the binding and grappling during turns both forward and backwards, did you ever replaced your viscous coupler or what was your solution to this problem?
  9. S

On 8/14/12 my 02 Mountaineer(v6) driver seat locked it moves up/down but not front and back. The...

On 8/14/12 my 02 Mountaineer(v6) driver seat locked it moves up/down but not front and back. The dealer attempted to fix but said I need a new seat motor which Ford does not make anymore. They got one from the junkyard which looked good but was no good after they installed it on Friday, 8/17/12...
  10. S

2002 Mountaineer Seat Swap With 2005 Mountaineer Problems

I have the 02 Mountaineer also I bought mine May 2001 I discovered that all the parts for my suv comes from the 1998-2001 parts not the 2002-2005 parts which started production in July/August 2001. So if you check your tag identifying when your mountaineer was assembled that would be the most...
  11. S

Driver's Seat not moving

On 8/14/12 my 02 Mountaineer(v6) driver seat locked it moves up/down but not front and back. The dealer attempted to fix but said I need a new seat motor which Ford does not make anymore. They got one from the junkyard which looked good but was no good after they installed it on Friday, 8/17/12...
Back