Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Need some feedback before making a purchase

I love my 2013 Sport. Has the right amount of power, handling, and room. Drives great. That being said, I've already had two mechanical issues and not even at 20k. No big deal still under warranty. But I also have a 2009 Infiniti G37x with close to 50k and has never been in the shop for more...
  2. D

Explorer Brake Upgrades

So, anyone know of after market drilled or slotted Rotors sized for the Sport?
  3. D

Explorer Brake Upgrades

After Market Rotors '13 Explorer Sport Looking a bit down the road, but does anyone know of any after market drilled or slotted rotors that support the '13 Explorer Sport? Had heard that the stock OEM's are the same as the Interceptor. Not sure if this is true and / or whether this would be...
  4. D

mft v3.5.1 dst?

With today's DST spring ahead 1 hour, my 2013 with mft v3.5.1 clock did not change automatically. Under clock, the DST button has been removed with v3.5.1. Are we just supposed to manually set the clock? The GPS sync reset and time zone option enabled didn't change. Anyone know? Thanks
  5. D

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

I got the factory DVD headrests as an option on my '13 Sport. I am absolutely satisfied. I have 2 little kids that love them. They run as an A and a B meaning they can each watch their own movies. They come with wired headphones and support wireless headphones. They are good quality and the...
  6. D

HID Conversion - 2012 Explorer Base

It's my understanding that Philips does not make a HID kit for the US. What you are seeing are Chinese made kits at Philips approved facilities. There is one Chinese company given this designation; and even now they are being counterfeited. None of the parts are German made Philips original...
  7. D

2013 Explorer Sport - Ambient Lighting Problems?

Yep, that's all there is to it. Just choose the color ballon you like
  8. D

Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport

Test Drove; thoughts Mine is scheduled to be delivered soon but I couldn't wait. I found a local dealer who just got one so headed over for a test drive. Drove it for a good 15 min. with the salesman. In short I was impressed; loved it and can't wait for mine. It looks better in person. The...
  9. D

2013 Explorer Sport Window Sticker

Mine showed up today as well; with the 13th as a build date. Kinda of odd because that's next Saturday. Anyway, can anyone comment on the delivery period once the build date is set? Thanks, Dexter
  10. D

Waiting is over

Looks like they shipped out a test run. Or they did that part at 4:59pm on a Friday. Either way that's basic stuff that shouldn't pass quality control. Not sure how they can easily fix it. It's baked into the factory paint now. Ask for a re-do.
  11. D

Mine's still on order from the factory. This was a call from a dealer that didn't do his due dilligence in August when I first began shopping around. I guess then since there was no imminent sale they didn't want to be bothered to return my calls or emails.
  12. D

A dealer in the DC/BAL metro area called me to let me know they had a brand new '13 Sport just delivered.
  13. D

Sorry to get you guys fired up. This is my first order with Ford. Have no background on the process and really didn't care how long it took to build as long as they got it right. Only thing on my side is that we're family friends of the dealrer and they've been around a long, long time. I do...
  14. D

I placed my order the day after Labor Day. I think it was just put in as a retail order; if that's the priority.
  15. D

My dealer called today and said he has a VIN. He said he doesn't have a schedule date and hopes to have that sometime next week; at which time he will call back and give me both. He said about 5 more weeks. Could come sooner, could come later depending.
  16. D

Headlight Bulb Accessibility - 2012 Explorer

Hello everyone, I will soon want to swap out the stock headlight bulb in a 2013 Ford Explorer once I get it. Can anyone with a 2012 let me know how easy it is to access? Is this something I need to have a Ford Tech do? Thanks, Joe
  17. D

So in terms of timelines I understand the basic 6-8, 8-10 weeks from order date. But do you know how long the build and ship process actually takes once it's scheduled? One week to build, two to ship; as an example? Generally, knowing each destination delivery is different.
  18. D

I negotiated my deal well under msrp based on the TrueCar.com Target Price as my starting point. Incentives were included in the target price.
  19. D

I was able to lock in $1500 customer cash back. It's the offer that gets added in on the ford build site. Choose calculate payment and bring the print out. The Program # is #12150. I went over this with the dealer. It's not specific and says not all Explorers qualify. However, they aren't...
  20. D

Also just ordered my sport yesterday as well. Can't wait
Back