Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Wheel wobble

After removing the front wheels i noticed both nuts were finger loose. I tightened them up with the tools i had but did not have the correct socket. Planning on ordering it and retightin the nuts to toruqe specs and see what happens
  2. 9

Wheel wobble

I'm gonna take a look at it this weekend and see what happens but planning on putting new wheel bearings, seals, and rotors. Possibly replace ball joints, u joints, and spindle bearing depending on what happens
  3. 9

Wheel wobble

Is this seem like a good list of parts as far as just going through the front end making sure everything is good. Copyied for DeRocha's Thread but took out stuff i wasnt planning on doing right now Ball joints (Moog) greasable Rockauto.com Upper (2) K8546 Lower (2) K8563 U-Joints (Brute...
  4. 9

Wheel wobble

Thanks I plan on basically just going through the front end and fixing what needs to be fixed that way I know everything's good. I'll look into the c clip eliminator modmto
  5. 9

Wheel wobble

Truck would get solid axle before it goes to a shop that's just to much money on labor
  6. 9

Wheel wobble

Well Sunday after replacing the brake pads on the 92 I swapped my 37 scampers onto it. Afterwards while still on the jack I wobbled the wheel and noticed it seemed really lose I'm guessing it needs wheel bearing to correct this? Also besides bearing what else should I replace? Looking to...
  7. 9

Buying a 92 with Trans Problems

I really didnt look at the filter alot just changed it and threw the old one away because i was figuring on replacing the trans anyways. and Yes all i have done to the explorer is change fluid this is still the trans that came in the truck so all i have tied up in it is 100 for truck and 30...
  8. 9

So just to update sometimes you feel dumb but I loved the final answer. Dropped pan, new filter, new fluid, an bam truck drives fine just takes a second to engage. Thanks for everyone's help ill get a build thread started cause a lot will be changin
  9. 9

I found local a Rebuilt A4LD out of a 2.9 Ranger. He did a manuel swap and used a 4.0 Trans which raised my curiosity. After researching on here i found that the transmissions are interchangable. So heres my question Its a A4Ld 2.9 Stock Rebuild with 8000 Miles on it Is it worth 600? Is...
  10. 9

Well looks like im gonna be getting a used trans for 550 with a 6 monty warantee. Shoukd i invest in trans.cooler and stuff like that also?
  11. 9

Mostly it will be street driven about a total of 5 miles a day if that. Then used to off road in the woods mudding trails. Nothing crazy though. I have a 08 Z71 Silverado on 35s thats still financed and i hate playing in that right now basically just want the explorer in good moving condition...
  12. 9

So this is the Explorer. After alot of negotiating i ended up getting it $100 Cash as is Came with 2 rear dog legs driver and Pass to fix rust, and a Brand new unopened water pump. After revving it up and messing with trying to shift the truck ive found it does nothing It will drop...
  13. 9

Well im looking at a 92 Explorer 4 Door Xlt It is lifted 7 inches on 35s 4x4 manuel locking front hubs Gonna be paying 500 for it My question is the guy says that the transmission wont go into gear. It will go into reverse but not any other gear. The only explorer ive done work to is...
  14. 9

95 Explorer Lifting Question

Thanks for the info. What body lift do i need to purchase? Ive seen lots of stuff on using different years for explorers or rangers as far as body lifting
  15. 9

95 Explorer Lifting Question

I just did a clutch change on my girlfriends 95 ford explorer Shes been talkin to me aboutlifting it some enough to clear 33s or 35s if possable. I know the 95 has the problem with some torsion bar brackets welded and some are bolted. When under the explorer for the clutch change i looked...
  16. 9

Manuel Clutch Change

Dosent a clutch kit come with the pilot bearing? Oil Pan will need to be dropped to do the rear main seal correct?
  17. 9

Manuel Clutch Change

I have a 95 Explorer Sport 5 Speed 4x4 with a 4.0 Has roughly 130xxx miles I def know the clutch needs to be changed it engages all the way out, when driving it shutters if full throttle, sometimes will drift in gear if its parked on to big a hill. I will be replacing Flywheel...
  18. 9

15x10 Rim Stock 95 Sport

I haveno clue how to delete this thread just realized explorers are 5x4.5 not 5x5.5 Thanks and if theres a way i can delete this thread someone please tell me how
  19. 9

15x10 Rim Stock 95 Sport

Im looking at buying a set of crager style wheels They are 15x10 5x5.5 Lug Pattern of course Going on a 1995 Explorer Sport Version 4x4 Basically my question is whats gonna be my best size tire to run? Will Most likely be doing the tt and warrier shackles by the time i get tires for...
Back