Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Custom Front Bumper Advice?

Yea I do not think you will find anything that will fit the way it should. I would fill them in and close them off. Doug
  2. S

My New RLCWELDFAB bumper from James!

Fabulous! What is that an aftermarket horn i see?
  3. S

Do you mean the plastics that covers the metal bumper?
  4. S

I ALSO recommend James at RLCWELDFAB you will not be disappointed nor will you find a custom bumper cheaper!
  5. S

My New RLCWELDFAB bumper from James!

MY X is a 2002 Explorer sport. So after a long year of saving pennies i finally had the funds to get my new custom bumper from RLCWELDFAB and my winch. I decided on the Super Winch Tiger Shark 9500 series. I researched for over a year on that decision and so far am very happy! What you all...
  6. S

Which winch?

I bought the Super winch Tiger-shark 9500 and i like it a lot...tried it out yesterday on a hill just to test it...
  7. S

How to: RLC winch mount bumper install (PIC heavy)

Looks really nice and clean! I am not sure if aluminum would be a good choice for skid plate though as wouldn't it be too soft? Your cutting of the fascia was spot on! I cut mine a little to high so I now have a gap that is not very nice looking :( I have an idea to finish it off and will...
  8. S

Nice looking forward to seeing it! I have a Tiger Shark winch coming in today! Doug
  9. S

Would the bracing be stronger or weaker if you drilled all the way through that channel and used longer bolts to sandwich between the frame? so instead of that smaller piece being inside the frame it is on the outside. I have the same bumper and having issues getting that smaller bracket...
  10. S

Multifunction switch diagram or help

I would like to touch base on the above poster whom stated that someone glued them in? Does anyone know if that works? My issue is that there is NO AFTERMARKET turn signal switch for mine that matches my plugs. I bought a couple from two different places that were slight different and...
  11. S

Rancho RS5374 Front Shock Review

Works nice After reading this review, I went ahead and purchased the RS5374 for front and the RS9000XL for back. I am TT twist in front and shackles in rear...mine is an 2002 X-sport and they fit perfect...the ride is way better i have my rears set at 5 for now and seems to be a good number...
  12. S

Load Range E tires?

I know this thread is VERY OLD but I have E rated tires on my X-sport and because I got a great deal on them.....what I have noticed; I do not get tossed around as much with cross wind gusts.....with my current gears being 3.73 I do notice a bug difference with gas mileage but that is it. The...
  13. S

MFS or multi-function switch

And i think that will not work as i tried another one for 97+ models and wont work my wipers! CRAZY enough the stealer dealer told me aftermarket will not work for me due to new pin design from 9-to-7pins NOT sure i believe that due to 151.05 cost! do not trust them a whole lot....the guy...
  14. S

Guess I am finding that out! I put my old one back in for now :) Doug
  15. S

Sounds simple enough to pull the part in a part store BUT that is only good if the store is heavily stocked on different switches! UPDATE: 11/19/2013 I bought the part that looked like mine.....looked identical to the one i have in every way.....plugged her in and walla signals...
  16. S

i'll be damned that is it also! thank you so much....the price is only 10.00 difference from what i paid so going to go get it tonight! Doug
  17. S

I will have to check that out later! WHAT I DID FIND which is very weird to me is that i was googling pictures of turn signal switches and found one that looked like mine.....turns out autozone PT# SW1093 is an exact match to the one i have.....NOW dealer says SW5577 & so does...
  18. S

NOT a very good option for me as its my only vehicle and this also controls my brake lights; parts stores are several miles away. I did however took detailed photos so i can compare parts in hand. Problem with this is most of them are NOT in stock to compare and pictures are horrible! its a...
  19. S

So i started getting new issues and lots of clicking going on so decided to repair the issue...now i can not find the exact fit for parts store. Ford with my vin# claims its the SW5577 but even that part is missing two prongs..I have 9 prongs on the weird shaped part by the top where hazards...
  20. S

Explorer Turn Signal Problem - PLEASE HELP.

Anyone know the part number for the pictured part? SW5577 that pops up for my X is not correct...top right pic & top right plug has the two extra prongs to the right just like in picture BUT the cross parts for auto stores are missing these two...My signals will not work at all and think its due...
  21. S

Combination switch compatibility question...

Bringing back the dead on SW5577 I am having signal issues & hear a lot of clicking in the neck of the column....I believe it is this switch and have some loose wires. I bought from autozone the part that says it crosses to SW5577 but all the prongs in the plug are not the same.....come to...
  22. S

Grinding or vibration issues front end

I tried doing it myself but didnt work....idk maybe i am doing it wrong...ill have to try again this weekend...are the wheels supposed to be on the ground or in air?
  23. S

Grinding or vibration issues front end

I have a 2002 X-Sport; been having a weird vibration/grinding feeling when the steering wheel is slightly turned left or right.....but it is only present when stopped and slowly starts to move it will GRIND/VIBRATE but once moving it will go away. I can feel it in the steering wheel.....any...
  24. S

Treadwright tires anyone?

How have your tires been working out for you? I just got these but in 32"s and also wondering if you had issues mounting? I did a first impressions review on youtube if anyone is curious
  25. S

Tires need help

Found this old post; i just got my tires from treadwright and are same as yours! did you have issues mounting and balancing?
Back