Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Question about Napa Block Tester

My car recently overheated and it is temporarily running on just water with no coolant. I want to try this block tester to see if I have a blown head gasket Will it work with no coolant? Or do I need coolant for the test to give me an accurate reading?
  2. M

Solved PATS key sucsess! Thanks Forscan

This post saved me. It was precisely the problem I was having. I messed around with the Forscan Pats ability, and while trying to program my keys, I managed to mess up both keys from starting the car! I spent all morning trying to figure out the problem. I went from 2 working keys to 0...
  3. M

Update on my project: I received my OBD device and my 2 spare keys. Went to Lowes and the lady said they don't cut keys. She kept reiterating it in different ways expecting me to leave. But I just kind of stood there and said the internet says Lowes cuts the keys and that's why I'm here...
  4. M

I am prepared to order the OBD SX device on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/181845322454?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2650&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and order 2 keys...
  5. M

Just to confirm, if I only have 1 key for my 2004 explorer, the Forscan software with OBD usb device can program a second key? I don't need 2 existing programmed keys?
  6. M

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

Performed this fix a few months ago. Never would have attempted without this thread! Bought OEM blend door from ebay for $65 from Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas. Took me about 3.5 hours. Had to make one trip to auto parts store to get the box end wrench to fit on to the actuator. Didn't have to...
  7. M

3rd Gen Experts - Body Question

After much research, this thread was exactly my goal. My XLT came with no fender flares, side moldings, etc. I thought it would be simple and cheap to buy these parts new or used. But apparently it's $2200 from Ford! And nobody has them used, ebay has nothing. Discouraging because I really...
  8. M

Air Conditioning blowing through defrost vents

This is precisely what was wrong with my brother's 2002 v6 xlt. The metal arm was functioning properly but the plastic piece that connects to it for the vents broke. So the metal arm was moving back and forth properly without anything attached to it. I just got 2 zipties and tied the broken...
  9. M

looking for 02-05 4.6 engine top cover

did you ever find one? I need one too
  10. M

Wanted 02-05 fender flare/ moldings

Im looking for the fender moldings, side moldings, and front/rear bumper moldings for 02-05 Explorer. Mustnged@aol.com
  11. M

Does anyone know where rear a/c blower is located

did you ever proceed with this project? i want rear ac ceiling vents as well
  12. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

It took me about 3 days to read over this entire thread! I enjoyed every page and learned a lot! It's been exactly 1 week since I purchased my 5th Ford Explorer After the clear corners and window tints I am looking into getting the fender /bumper / side moldings that a lot of the...
  13. M

Rear Lift Gate (upper one) Plastic broke in half

No question about it, there is a design flaw. I can't believe how many people have the same problem. My brother's 2002 and my 2004 are cracked. We purchased them already cracked. Mine My brothers
  14. M

03 X Stereo build Pics

now this is a system
  15. M

Best single subwoofer on the market?

i just read this thread myself. Amazed the JL w7 still has a lot of hype.
  16. M

Post up your audio system!

More pics of sound systems would be appreciated. I wonder why more people don't mount their amps under the rear seats
  17. M

How To remove and paint your front grille

very informative thread with great pics. Nice write up
  18. M

05 Explorer XLT 4x4

nice ride. I wanna black out my grill too. Cool blacked out tail lights also. Did you notice any performance gain with the K&N?
  19. M

Just bought 2004 XLT V8

ya i really like the clear corners especially because the car is black, it just looks cleaner without the orange reflector piece! Thanks for the advice on the transmission fluid change. Ill probably do it next oil change.
  20. M

Hello!! New owner of 2004 X Limited V8

nice Limited! Just bought an 04 myself on 8/25
  21. M

Just bought 2004 XLT V8

Just wanted to say hello, this is my 5th Explorer! 1997 Red Ford Explorer Sport 1998 Black Ford Explorer Sport 1999 Black Ford Explorer Limited 2000 Blue Ford Explorer XLS I just bought a 2004 Ford Explorer XLT V8 on Saturday 8/25/2012 50,400 miles Gray cloth interior Everything...
  22. M

Lowered 02 Limited

i would like to see better pics as well
Back