Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Heres a link to a TSB that refers to the noise: http://ford.oemdtc.com/1074/whistle-or-buzz-type-noise-from-front-cowl-panel-grille-cover-2011-2016-ford-explorer
  2. K

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Well surprise surprise. Dealer called today and said our Explorer is ready. Part came in yesterday and its fixed! 63 days it sat there, 9 weeks without it, 2 car payments made on it. All I can say is its about time. Next thing that goes wrong with it I swear I'm trading it in.
  3. K

Ya I'm glad you got your ride back too, but WTF?? 5 weeks? Mine has been sitting there for 2 months!!!! Come on, how the hell does this happen? Thanks for all you've done for me Cory, but perhaps you could maybe see if someone can explain this. Chris
  4. K

Wow! Ours has sat at the stealership since 8/29/12. Maybe I too should look into the KY lemon laws....
  5. K

Have you got your explorer back yet?
  6. K

I dont know either, but my dealer flat out told me that they could not give a loaner/rental unless I had an ESP. I just got a stupid blank stare from them when I asked "why would I buy an extended warranty when the factory warranty isn't up yet? After the factory warranty runs out, I may...
  7. K

Well it's been 10 days and my case was supposed to be reviewed by Ford yesterday. Still haven't heard anything, and still driving the rental. The Explorer has been in the shop for almost a month now. We went almost 3 weeks with no rental/loaner, thank God Ford finally got us one. Last I...
  8. K

I did too. I answered all the questions they asked. Hopefully a recall will bloom out of all this. Amen!!! Finally today the regional CSM called and said that Ford will provide a rental car for me for 10 days. At the end of the 10 day period they (Ford) will review my case and see...
  9. K

I don't know either. But needless to say its more than frustrating. Maybe the other posts here the parts were found at another dealer nearby. My only fear there would be is the rack at a nearby dealer out of the same batch as the ones that are failing? I just wish I could get the vehicle back...
  10. K

Anyways..... Our explorer has been in the shop since 8/30/12 awaiting a new rack. My case has been escalated by Cory (thanks!) and a CSM named Kim has contacted me to introduce herself and to say that she has placed an emergency order for a new rack. As far as a loaner/rental car goes, I've...
  11. K

Thats great news Matt! Congrats! :cool:
  12. K

My dealer called yesterday and said the part should be in this morning! (I knew better) Dealer called today at 3 pm and said they are trying to figure out where the part is. (imagine that) I called another dealer and spoke with parts dept. and was told that Ford doesn't have a single one...
  13. K

Dry, sunny and prolly 87º - 90ºF when happened to us. Chris
  14. K

I took the Ex to the dealer last night. They called today and said that there were two error codes stored from when the failure happened. An incorrect steering angle code, and a power steering gearbox failure code. They said that a new rack and pinion is the fix, but it will take 2 - 3...
  15. K

Called my local dealer and was planning on taking the explorer there this evening, but they couldn't tell me for sure if a loaner car would be furnished. And they also stated that they haven't heard of this issue either. Cory I PM'd you earlier this morning with the details. Is there...
  16. K

Good to know about the 40 mile thing. I'm going to get it in asap. Chris
  17. K

Thanks Peter! I've been lurking on here for a while...pretty darn good forum! Very informative and it's cool that Ford reps hang here too! Chris
  18. K

Not yet as it happened this evening when my wife was driving it and by the time she got home, they were already closed. We're calling them tomorrow though.
  19. K

Had the failure happen today (8/29/12) Made a report to the NHTSA after reading this entire thread. Has anyone heard if Ford responded to the NHTSA? I truly hope this can be resolved. Chris
Back