Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Another bad PS pump?!?!

+1 on the rack. I blew 3 ps pumps before I figured that out!! Replaced the rack and everyting works great! Except for the noisy power steering pump. Really is starting to become annoying!
  2. S

Solved P0171 & P0174 codes.

+1 on the intake manifold gaskets
  3. S

96 explorer stuck in Park and key cylinder won't turn.

maybe a stupid answer but before you go tearing anything apart is your key worn down? Do you have a spare key? try that first. If your key is worn it may not work the way it should. Like I said might be a stupid answer but worth a shot before spending money or tearing things a part.
  4. S

Parts required for 2000 4.0 OHV head gasket replacement

While it is possible to have a bad head gasket or cracked block, more than likely it is a lower intake manifold gasket. All your symptoms point towards intake manifold gasket. I just replaced mine on my 2000 ohv less than a week ago. I too had the lean bank 1 and 2 codes and loss of coolant...
  5. S

Diagnosing your EGR system

Found this write up of how to diagnose your entire ER system. Was extremely helpful to me and wanted to share it with all of you. Here is the link http://easyautodiagnostics.com/ford_egr_test/ford_egr_valve_1.php
  6. S

2000 Explorer 4.0 OHV spark plug wire removal

I believe it may have been to keep them in a safe and protected area away from heat and moving parts. It makes the most sense to put them where they will be protected. Again it is not very hard to put them back the same way. They will fit and there is plenty of room.
  7. S

I do have an OHV and I did replace the spark plugs and wires about 2 weeks ago. So yes I do know that it can easily be done the correct way! You do not have to remove the plenum, there is room to fish them through. I used just a pair of needle nose pliers. The only thing I did a little different...
  8. S

Why not put them back the way they were designed to go? It is simple. And won't be done half-ass backwards it will be done correctly
  9. S

I know it looks like a problem but it is really simple to fish the wires through. All I needed was a set of needle nose pliers. Also on the OHV at least, it is very easy to get to the spark plugs from the top. No need to go through the wheel well like everybody claims is the only way to do it.
  10. S

Stalling/rough idle....

I am having the exact same issues with my 2000 xls OHV. Does somebody have a link to the manifold gasket kit needed
  11. S

How bad to get plugs out on hi mileage EX

Listen here is the deal in a 6 cylinder like in the original post and what we are talking about here, there is no reason not to go from the top. It is fairly simple. On an 8 cylinder it is a little tougher to get to and would make sense to go through the wheel well.
  12. S

Oh, yeah that makes even more sense! Lets spend MORE money on it. Yeah I get it now.
  13. S

All I know is that 2 weeks ago I changed all 6 plugs in less than 20 min from the top. You are telling me that it is easier to jack up the front end, place jack stands, remove splash guards and then change the plugs! I don't think so!! Also a 4' extension with a breaker bar!! It would...
  14. S

I know everyone says that the plugs are hard to get to, but I had absolutely no trouble at all. I reached every plug from the top and with only a spark plug socket, 3/8 socket wrench and 2 different size extensions one short and one medium length. I had been reading all the horror stories...
  15. S

Plugs and wires on a 2000 OHV

Should I be buying the plug wires for the SOHC so they will fit around the motor without going back theough the intake? Or will the OHV wires fit? If you have it could you tell me the part number for the Motor craft wires? Thanks
  16. S

Blower motor works on med high and high only

So I finally got the chance to check this out today. I go out turn the blower to med low and it works!!! Everything is working perfect now! I am gonna have to assume that there is a bad connection or other wiring problem. Thank you for your help
  17. S

Thanks! I will check it out this morning!! If the resistor is bad I would assume that there is another problem causing the new resistor to blow. Any ideas what I should check (and how to check it) before I replace the replacement resistor.
  18. S

I replaced the resistor the other day I thought it was working but can't say for sure. Now I only have med high and high! Is there another cause of this or is the resistor bad
  19. S

Fuel Filter, Fuel Line HELP!!!

Fixed it this morning, used fuel injection hose and clamps. Got 2 clamps on the metal fuel line only 1 on the filter side. The new filter has made a noticeable difference in the way my truck runs.
  20. S

P0174 Code - HELP!!!

Fuel pressure is 65-67. So it shouldn't be the fuel pump. I decided to change the fuel filter but ran into a new problem. Maybe somebody could help with this? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372240
  21. S

Any ideas? Anybody? I was thinking of just cutting the metal fuel line and clamping high pressure fuel line to the metal and the other end to the filter. Will this work?
  22. S

Had some problems changing my filter!! Was having trouble with the tank side of the filter, like everything else under my truck it is rusted to hell!! After about an hour and a half of getting no where the filter just gave in and snapped right off. I also notice that the line that connects...
  23. S

P0174 Code - HELP!!!

So I reset it. CEL stayed off for a few days and now I have a p0171 code!!
  24. S

Where is the horn? 1999 Ford Explorer Sport

Maybe that is why it doesn't work? Cause it isn't there! I don't know where it is but I am curious now gonna go take a look at mine and see if I can find it.
  25. S

Radiator Fluid Question???

I already decided to go with a 50/50 premix. I know it may be a little more $$, but for the few $$ I would save it isn't worth it.
Back