Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Would the switch cause this?

Thank you for all the great information. I bought the Headlight Switch and Connector from Advanced Auto Parts. The radio had to come out to removed the Dashboard Bezel. Then the switch connectors for the rear window heater, wiper, and 4WD high and low gear had to be disconnectd. I had to pinch...
  2. D

Would the switch cause this?

Has anyone found the solution to this problem? I can get all the lights to work, if I pull switch out just right, but not all the way out. If I pull the switch out all the way, the headlights are on, the instrument panel lights go out, and tail/tag lights go out.
  3. D

How Many Miles are on Your Explorer?

94 Ford Explorer Sport 4WD, 5spd manuel. On the second transmission and third clutch. 195,000. :)
  4. D

'98 Steering groan

Garth, you could be right so thank you. The noise has come back, it seemed to me that maybe the oversize Bear brand tires were the cause. Since I only drive this vehicle on weekends, attention to this has not been a priority. My Explorer gets only light work, since my weekday car shares my...
  5. D

'98 Steering groan

I heard a groaning on fast wide left turns Gonzo. The higher the speed the louder the grown. I located the problem and corrected it. It was not the power steering. It can only happen on 4 wheel drives too. The fluid in the front axle was milky white. The problem was completely cured after...
  6. D

drum removal

Thank you Ryan Exactly what they did where I took mine. A claw hammer is to light. A small sledge does the trick. He hit it hard around the outsides, then hit the inner center till it came loose. He hit each one about 6 - 8 times. I had another 10,000 miles on the shoes...
  7. D

drum removal

I saw what Ryan was saying about his fozen on brake drums. I went to inspect my rear brakes today. I could not get the brake drums off on either side. The emergancy brake was off with the transmission in nuetral(used jack stands). The Drum turns easy around, removing the gromet to loosening...
  8. D

Whining

Completed Repair This should be my last post for this thread. The truck is back slightly faster than expected. I drove it last night to a SCUBA Club meeting. The faster behind me this is the better. There is a significant wonderful difference after the repair. I was missing a lot with the...
  9. D

Whining

Cutch & Modification Plugs Hello again john gaglio. The clutch is being changed also, for that price, it has 100,000 miles on it, and worn down. Lemondrop, not good for the next owner, your friend to trade in the truck like that. Now the next owner will only have a month to realize he is...
  10. D

Whining

final verdict Here is the final verdict on the transmission damage. The replacement Transmission is about $1500.00, labor is about $650.00, with tax the total is just under $2300.00 for the complete job. The transmission work is promised to be completed by Thursday morning. I have to...
  11. D

Whining

Thank you john gaglio for the answer. Thank you john gaglio for the answer. I will see what tomorrow brings. I found this near-by location with free 24 hour towing with a repair. They are also open seven days a week, until 6:30pm on weekdays. Diagnosis was $495.00, charges are waved with...
  12. D

Whining

On the Florida Turnpike going North to Pompano Beach in overdrive a wining started in overdrive. No other advanced notice was detected before that time. I completed the trip in 4th gear, found later there is wining in 1st though 3rd gear as well. As soon as possible I went to the oil quick...
Back