Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

They covered it because it was still under warranty, otherwise they would have said, not our problem. The aluminum hoods suck when it comes to paint. I have a new hood, with new paint, so time will tell how it holds up. The new all aluminum F150 is going to be interesting.
  2. T

The arm rest.....we have that issue too. It drives my wife nuts. (Its her vehicle) I don't see any good way to fix it either.
  3. T

Paint Issues - Non Hood

I'm glad I got a new hood, at no cost to me. My dealer did a great deal to help take care of that issue. The paint on the roof is still as it was, flaking/peeling, but I'm short, so I can't see that as much. lol. I'm happier than I was when I found this mess, but I still think Ford should have...
  4. T

My Explorer is getting worse, the paint along the front edge of the hood is now starting to flake off, exposing bare metal. Ford quality isn't so good right now, and their customer service sucks. They give you the rehearsed answer and wait for you to go away. There isn't any reason for any of us...
  5. T

Seeing as how you can't overturn a decision, and that I've talked to three people at Ford, I doubt a pm would do me much good. I do have the owner of the dealership getting involved now, and he owns severa, so maybe he'll sort it out. Time will tell.
  6. T

I called Ford today to try and talk to the customer service rep, Jessica, that was handling my case, since she has never called me. I was told by my dealer that Jessica's last day was this past Friday...real nice. The person I talked to on the phone told me there was no "room for...
  7. T

The customer service rep assigned to my case hasn't called me yet, go figure. I've left her a message, but I doubt she cares, as her last day is tomorrow. As a life long Ford owner, this really pisses me off.
  8. T

So far, as of today, Ford is offering to cover half the $2500 repair cost, my dealer is willing to pick up $500 of the other half, which would leave me with 700 and some change......I don't think so.
  9. T

Paint Issues - Non Hood

I totally agree. I have a Tahoe (work vehicle) approaching 10 years old, the paint/body is still fine....and it's never been garaged. It'll be interesting to see if Ford tries to talk their way out of this. The fact is if they don't fix it, at their expense, I will never buy a Ford...
  10. T

I found out the hood was aluminum later....rust, corrosion, which ever...still sucks the big one. Those pics are going to Ford today, so we shall see.
  11. T

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Haven't been on the board in a long time...the fix the dealer did on mine is still working, no exhaust smell inside at all.
  12. T

Surprise, I have rust on the hood, and the clear coat is flaking off around the roof rack, on my 2011 Limited, with 57,000 miles. I'm now in contact with a Ford customer service rep, via my dealer, so we'll see what happens. Here are some pics.
  13. T

I stopped in at the dealer yesterday and was told about the TSB. They said parts are on order. I'm not convinced the TSB will fix my issue, since it talks about sulfer, and that's not what I'm smelling....but I sure hope it does.
  14. T

Why has this BURNT OIL SMELL thread turned into a SULFER SMELL thread? The two issues do not appear to be the same thing at all. FORD has no idea what to do about the BURNT OIL SMELL, accept to say, "Bring it in, we'll look at it".....been there done that, nothing was solved. The only solution...
  15. T

I sent Ford a message today, detailing my issue, I guess we'll see what kind of answer they give.......hopefully anyway.
  16. T

Like it matters anyway....there's no fix. I don't need a shop manager calling me to tell me "there's nothing we can do".
  17. T

Taking it in, when there is no way to fix it, is just a waste of your time....been there, done that. Getting it escalated does no good either.....that's just fancy talk for hurry up and wait. Ford doesn't know what the problem is and doesn't seem to care. I've had mine in the shop, I got...
  18. T

If they built a vehicle that's engine blew up at 5000 miles, do you think Ford would still call it "normal"? Hey, they all do it, "It's normal." :crazy: They're idiots, and just don't care. I'm very disgusted with them. Unless somebody makes them fix the problem they won't....it hasn't killed...
  19. T

It still pisses me off, no answers from anyone.
  20. T

I have to ask, what good will that do if you've already had your Explorer in the shop and they have no solution and said Ford had no solution? Has there been a solution found that isn't being mentioned here? I mean besides a new maximum strength air freshener?
  21. T

It still pisses me off that there's no solution to this. It's a 40 thousand dollar ride.....it shouldn't smell like burnt oil when you pass somebody. My loyalty to Ford is slipping a bit.
  22. T

Just hard acceleration. You punch it, you smell it. You can go 80 and smell nothing, but if you're going 60 and punch it to 80, you smell it. If you're stopped and punch it and only hit 60, you smell it. Not real happy about smelling oil, or exhaust or fumes from the crank case or whatever...
  23. T

This is my first post, I found this forum doing a Google search for this smell. I have smelled this odor twice, both times under hard acceleration. My wife noticed it too, so it had to be bad. I took it to the dealer for a scheduled oil change yesterday. I told them I was not happy (my...
Back