Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Slow cranking. Battery cables?

Thanks. I'll definitely check that out. I wish that sticky had a better (more explanatory) title though.
  2. P

Slow cranking. Battery cables?

A few weeks ago, I had a dead battery for a completely unknown reason. No freezing weather, no lights left on, etc. Jump started it and put it on the charger when I got home. Ever since then, I have had a slow cranking issue. Checked the battery and it seems to be fine. When starting the...
  3. P

IAC Problem: How many RPM's does your vehicle IDLE at?

Solves other issues too FYI - I had my throttle body cleaned a few months ago. It solved the delayed throttle response issue as well as some low-voltage electrical issues. I went through a few alternators trying to figure out why my lights were dimming and my a/c blower motor was slowing...
  4. P

Alternator problems

Possible solution not suggested yet I know this is a really old thread, but I had a similar issue and have a completely different solution. I had the same dimming lights, varying blower speed, etc. After replacing the alternator,the issues did not go away. The problem I found was actually...
  5. P

warning tone, SES light, but no codes

Thanks again for the help. Sorry for the delay in posting, but here is where I stand: Even though the brake fluid was not "officially" low, adding fluid seems to have cleared the SES light after a day or so. Cleaning the mass air sensor seems to have helped the throttle lag a bit. I...
  6. P

Here is where I stand so far: A complete engine and electrical shutdown is "normal" cruise control operation. Shouldn't it just turn off the cruise as if you tapped the brake? Anyway, like I siad, it can be avoided, so I am not intending to fix. For the "blower motor stuck on high"...
  7. P

04 Eddie Bauer 4.6: I am having increasingly frequent electrical issues. I am getting the impression that the electronics on this vehicle are 'extremely unreliable' at best. Seems like a flood vehicle, or it has fremlins (ford+gremlins). Here are the old issues first: -4WD engaged light...
  8. P

complete engine and electrical shut down while driving

On two occasions, my 2004 EB completely shut down while my wife was driving at about 70mph. She said everything died (engine, instrument cluster, etc.) and had to pull off the road and stop. It was almost as if you instantly shut off the ignition AND disconnected the battery. After coasting...
  9. P

Aviator clicking front end, PLEASE HELP!!

I think I am having the same problem with my 04 explorer. I took it to the dealer and after taking it for 4 test drives, they finally heard what I hear every day. They checked everything they could and found NOTHING. I thought it was a transmission issue at first, because it seemed to click...
  10. P

02 explorer ticking when stopping.

I think I am having this same issue with my 2004 (70,000mi). When I am approaching a stop, it makes a click, click....click. Sometimes more clicks, but more often it is just 3 clicks. I thought it might be someting in the 4x4 engaging and disengaging as the transmission downshifted through...
  11. P

97 JBL Sub Woofer

I replaced mine with an 8" Rockford Fosgate Punch subwoofer several years ago. To do this, I cut a bigger hole in the enclosure with a drywall saw. I sealed up any remaining mounting holes from the old speaker and used foam weatherstripping around the circumfrence to seal the new speaker (it...
  12. P

burning plastic smell

Is it in the engine compartment or in the interior? I had a similar smell in my interior. I literally used my nose and found that it was my headlamp outage module under my center console. I got a new one from the dealer and just unplugged the old one and plugged in the new one. It took a few...
  13. P

A/C switches to defrost upon acceleration

(1997 EB with automatic climate control) Recently, my A/C has decided to switch to 'defrost' whenever I accelerate and/or climb hills. It switches back by itself as soon as I let off the gas. I am guessing that this is related to a vacuum issue, but I do not know where to begin looking.
Back