Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Explorin'VA

94 xlt project

Recently purchased a front bumper from RLC fabrication to match the rear bumper. He custom made it and shipped it within a matter of two weeks. It's his standard first gen bumper with an inch shaved off the bottom for extra clearance. I'm looking for a used warn to put on it. The cheap winches...
  2. Explorin'VA

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

Good to know about the separate 4x4 wire harness. Would make replacing a manual t case with an electric shift one pretty simple. For what it's worth I tried using ecu's from a few different years and models when I did the auto to m5od swap with no difference; however, I'm not sure if that's...
  3. Explorin'VA

1994 Ranger Lift - Experiance With Proposed Setup

It should handle well with that setup. I had the skyjacker 1.5" coils on my Explorer and new caster/camber shims were needed. I didn't absolutely need drop brackets on anything but there was a lot of stress on the factory radius arm bushings. I gave a friend a set of 4x4 Explorer leaf springs...
  4. Explorin'VA

94 xlt project

Here's a little update. I had a complete 4.10 Dana 35 sitting around that I had planned to swap in after I did the 2nd gen rear end with 4.10s. Time went on and I finally dropped the Explorer off at @boominXplorer 's shop to get the front end worked on. He put in the 4.10 Dana 35 with new...
  5. Explorin'VA

94 xlt project

In the past couple weeks I've ran the breather tubes for the front/rear axles and t-case up as high as they can go. I also got the front end aligned. It drives pretty well but there is marginally higher camber on the passenger side, even with maxed out camber bushings, and it's wearing that tire...
  6. Explorin'VA

94 xlt project

Good suggestion. I think everything would line up nicely with 8" coils and the brackets moved to the lower hole. I may even look for f150 coil seats to see how it looks before ordering the new springs.
  7. Explorin'VA

94 xlt project

As the truck sits now on a class ii skyjacker lift with 6" coils and a rear SOA. @boominXplorer installed the entire lift in his shop and he did a really nice job. This is the front end before an alignment (which I still need to have done). The truck sits much higher on the passenger side. You...
  8. Explorin'VA

After 3 hours i cant find a answer on any thread.

I believe front pumpkin damage happens when you use a bracket that drops down your stock axle bracket. Rough country sells this bracket. If you buy a lift that replaces the stock axle brackets from superlift or skyjacker you should be fine.
  9. Explorin'VA

After 3 hours i cant find a answer on any thread.

Ranger suspensions 83-97, bii suspensions 84-91, and explorer suspensions 91-94 should all be interchangeable.
  10. Explorin'VA

Thinking about buying this clutch anyone have any opinion

Looks good. Around the same price as the luk clutch kit that I installed on my ex. I went with luk because I read somewhere that they are used on fords from the factory. Not sure if that's true or not. I would suggest getting a genuine ford slave cylinder. I went with the generic slave. A year...
  11. Explorin'VA

Best sealant for water pump gasket?

I'll second the permatex high tack
  12. Explorin'VA

Clutch suddenly quit

Good catch. When you're filling the system it helps to unbolt the master cylinder and tilt it so that gravity bleeds the system. When it's mounted to the firewall the angle causes it to have a little pocket that traps air.
  13. Explorin'VA

FA600 pitman arm

I'm changing out the 2" lift for a 6" lift. It's the last part I need to install it. I have the fa400 but i know I'll end up needed the extreme drop pitman with this tall of a lift.
  14. Explorin'VA

FA600 pitman arm

Final bump before I bite the bullet and order a new one from summit.
  15. Explorin'VA

Project tough DD

That pic is of a mono leaf soa conversion, which looks good but the mono leaf won't last on a 4 door. Your best bet might be stock 4 door leafs with a long add a leaf. It will take away from the smoothness of the ride but it will help improve handling and load capacity. Then you can match the...
  16. Explorin'VA

FA600 pitman arm

bumping this up. anyone have an old fa600 they are looking to sell? I can trade an fa400 if you can knock down the price some.
  17. Explorin'VA

Rhino lined floor plan questions

It will become considerably more noisey if you remove the carpet and bed line the floor. That also leaves you with no insulation on the floor so it will feel colder in the winter and hotter in the summer. It's worth it if you get your truck dirty because you can just hose it out. Plus it looks...
  18. Explorin'VA

1993 4.0 overheating

I would try out a new fan clutch first, that fixed my overheating problems on my 94. Especially if overheats at a stop but cools when you start moving.
  19. Explorin'VA

Fan Clutch: Aftermarket Market Brands

I've put about 2,000 miles on it. It's holding up great. Keeps the temps really low at all times. It's loud, almost like a wind tunnel when you first take off because it spins the fan faster than a standard fan clutch.
  20. Explorin'VA

94 xlt project

The rear bumper is an RLC bumper originally made my jamscal. It has been on a few members ex's and now I own it.
  21. Explorin'VA

Expedition/overlanding/dd rig?

My a4ld ran like a champ for nearly 200k miles. I swapped it with the m5od only because I had the parts and prefer a manual truck.
  22. Explorin'VA

Fan Clutch: Aftermarket Market Brands

I run the Hayden severe duty.
  23. Explorin'VA

Center console with switches, cupholders, and locking compartment

I'm interested, does it mount to the same location as the stock center console?
  24. Explorin'VA

94 xlt project

Good to know. Getting them mounted tomorrow black walls out. Edit: Here they are mounted. They don't rub but I'd like more clearance. As I mentioned before I have a 6" skyjacker kit that I haven't had the time to install but it will be on soon enough.
  25. Explorin'VA

94 xlt project

New 33/10.50 ko2's :D white letters in or out? I'm a fan of all black sidewalls but my buddy is convinced It would be cool to keep the white letters out.
Back