Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Jrgaylor's 91 Explorer full width D44/9

OK thanks I didnt think that the stock explorer cables would work due to the full width axles and now the 2 more inches of suspension lift i now have. The stock cables seemed to be almost too short with my 4" lift leafs and extended shackles before. I think i will try using a set of...
  2. K

What did you end up using for E-brake cables in the rear? did the ones from the donor truck work? Thanks
  3. K

What size and backspacing are your wheels? also i didnt see any pics that show your bent radius arms Thanks
  4. K

Identifying a donor for SAS

you can use your stock driveshaft if you move the diff forward about 2" (which will pretty much center it in the fenderwell) i have pretty much the same front diff, and i am hoping to swap it in this winter along with a FW 9" in the back. not trying to jack the thread. i just know that we...
  5. K

351 is in!

WickedWindsor i was hoping that you would be able to e-mail me a copy of your wiring schematics that you used, i was planning on doing a 5.0 swap into my 1991 explorer, but now i found out that a friend of mine has a fuel injected 351W that he is looking to sell. i would likely want to wire...
  6. K

Whats the difference in look?

here is my ex with a 3" body lift and 32x11.5 tires
  7. K

410 fortune - 5.0L EFI 4R70W drivertrain conversion

I am very interested in this swap. Subscibing to the thread
  8. K

Which lift is BEST ?

I would have to say that the best off the shelf lift kit would have to be the "SkyJacker Class 2" with the extended radius arms, and replacement rear leaf springs. if you want tougher stuff than you will be looking at the camburg cut and turned beams, and radius arms. I think you would be...
  9. K

Recomendations for tire size

Right now i am currently lifted with a 3" body lift, runnning 32x11.5" tires and 3.55 gears. this weekend i will be installing a 4" suspension lift, and 4.56 gears. i also have a set of warrior shackles in the rear, and i have F150 spacers (i will only use them to level the truck out if it...
  10. K

3.55 gears and 32's?

I am running 32 x 11.5" with 3.55 gears and my truck is a 5 Speed. the truck is ok in the city, but feels a bit underpowered. when offroading i mostly use low range because i have to slip the clutch too much in high range, and the crawl speed is way too fast. even in low range in first gear the...
  11. K

ld50 Explorer mods revisited

Absolutely Great post ld50 i have been slowly modding my explorer as well, next step for me is a set of F150 spacers and warrior shackles (waiting for the shackles to be delivered from the states). I saw earlier in the post that you have gone out with the herd of turtles in the past. i went...
  12. K

Wrong Balljoints

Thanks guys Looks like i will be going back to exchange the ball joints. or at least buy the other ones and when i tear it apart i know i will have the right ones on hand. Thanks for the help :thumbsup:
  13. K

Wrong Balljoints

I bought the balljoints from autoparts plus, looks like i have to go back there and take a look at the one that they say is for a D35. the ones i bought look correct though. I see that you live not too far from me. how often do you go out wheeling?
  14. K

Wrong Balljoints

I just bought the parts. from everything that i have read on here the dana 28 uses lower balljoints that are threaded and have a castle nut on them, whereas the dana 35 balljoints are held in with a pinch bolt. but everything under the truck looks like it is from a dana 35 except the...
  15. K

Wrong Balljoints

I went to buy lower balljoints for my 1991 explorer and was told that there are two different styles for the explorer. one for the dana 28 axle and one for ther dana 35 axle. as it turns out my truck uses the dana 28 lower balljoints (the ones with the castle nut) but my trucks front axle ID...
Back