Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Custom Hatch

Thanks Anime for that detailed post. Even though its a pretty clean mod, like other modifications, I thought that it would kinda hurt me now that I'm looking to sell the car. You're right that it's kinda awkward that the rear wiper button is useless now. If the bondo cracks anytime soon, I'll be...
  2. L

Custom Hatch

Hey guys. I did this fairly simple body work mod to delete the rear wiper (which had broke) from my 2nd gen mountaineer. http://i.imgur.com/oUCmGSS.jpg I basically stuck some steel plates with JB weld to the inside of the holes, did some bondo work, and then painted over.The paint job is...
  3. L

Brand New Shocks Squeaking

Thanks for the reply guys. Is silicon spray lubricant the best to go with to lube the rubber bushings/parts of the shock?
  4. L

Are 80w headlight bulbs street legal?

I have the 9007 SilverStar Ultras on my 2000 Mountaineer and although the lighting is an improvement from stock, I didn't think that it was necessarily $50 worth of improvement. They're much brighter and whiter, but you can still see the yellowish amber color in the light output. I saw some...
  5. L

Explorer rear wiper is inoperative.

My 2000 Mountaineer's rear wiper froze up a couple years ago. I took apart the wiper motor to find that the plastic gear inside that turns the wiper sorta warped on one side. I wasn't sure how to fix it without risking destroying the motor, so I just took the whole thing out. After removing...
  6. L

Brand New Shocks Squeaking

Hi all, I bought a full set of Rancho RS5000's for my 2000 Mountaineer and have had em on for about 3 weeks now (I also replaced the 5th shock with a Monroe Magnum Axle Shaft Damper). I got a really pricey alignment immediately after replacing them myself. They are incredible shocks--and...
  7. L

Your opinion on what are the "best" shocks? (2000 Mercury Mountaineer)

Hey guys, just had a couple questions about my 2000 Mercury Mountaineer. edit: AWD I recently replaced all of the ball joints myself with the exception of the upper passenger (should I change this one? it wasnt as bad as the lowers and the upper driver's side, so i neglected changing it...)...
  8. L

Need help IDing broken part (2000 Mercury Mountaineer)

Thank you very much sir. That was the fastest reply I've ever received!
  9. L

Need help IDing broken part (2000 Mercury Mountaineer)

I was changing the tire of my 2000 Mercury Mountaineer (AWD) and was pretty surpised to see that there was a rod/joint completely broken off its attachment point. Whenever I hit a bump or a pothole on the road, I hear a terrible sound--and this must be the reason for that. Located behind...
  10. L

Interior Overhead Lights Fused (2000 Merc Mount)

I checked the wiring and all seemed to be good. New bulb came in, I tried that, and it works fine! Can't believe that that the old bulb's filament must have broke when I took it out the first time. Thanks for posting!
  11. L

Hey guys, after much fidgeting around, I found out what some of the problem was and have resolved 2/3rds of the issue. Turns out that the when I was putting in the map lights back in, the conductive paper that you lock the bulbs into was broken and folded over. I simply set it back in place...
  12. L

Hey guys, I've browsed this forum for years because I love my Mountaineer and really enjoy checking out what people around the world do to their Explorers/Mountaineers--it turns out today I'm having a problem I can't seem to resolve: I have a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer V8 Premier. I was...
Back