Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Its Albert

Its Albert
  2. B

96 explorer died, towed home and restarted fine.

Dont let the simple rub off this deal. In one instance a 2000 merc mountaineer 5.0 the key had lost it's programming because of a magnet in my pocket. It stalled in traffic and never restarted security light flashing wildly. at least till I got the keys reprogrammed. Months later, Nieghbor says...
  3. B

Exhaust leaks questions

I was Thinking that would be a great idea if it wasn't real loud.
  4. B

How do you determine Gear ratio 1998 explorer

I bet the Ford dealer knows an he'll tell you for nothing. using those numbers and your VIN,. He also might be able to tell you if the original parts in there.
  5. B

1996 awd 5.0 v8 explorer - Performance mods?

You can win by using reaction time and knowing you machine. You must know how this vehicle jumps out of the trap. Its reaction time that'll win .But I'm just street racing.
  6. B

1996 awd 5.0 v8 explorer - Performance mods?

I've found that throttle response time is your key with the AWD. I can beat almost anything outa the hole. If you can get 1or2 seconds out of Rumpelstiltskin next to you you can beat them. Just be ready and focused with that lead foot and keep it light in the trunk. This awd thing launches...
  7. B

Famous Explorers and Mercury Mountain

I'm Just a lonely Explorer traversing the volcanoes, sittings on top of Mercury Mountain, looking over the coyotes in Albuquerque. "Since this stinking Pats system has me dead, flat footed and miles from the city."
  8. B

Tick, tick, tick: The infamous front of engine sound

If its on a 5.0, Its in the valve train . The oil pump driveshaft can get sloppy and create one heck of an annoying lifter like noise. It will eventually break or strip out and cause erratic oil pressure readings. I changed out lifters and flushed the engine before I figured out that wasn't the...
  9. B

How do you determine Gear ratio 1998 explorer

I noticed on carparts.com that they asked for the gear ratio. I found two tags on the rear diff. s6156r and al10887j15. Anyone have any insight?
Back