Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

1st gen ford explorer, disconnected vacuum lines

The AC was NOT turned on, but the compressor turns. But I went the "hard" route, and disconnected the plug and it stopped!
  2. D

Hmm probably should have figured that one out. Thanks! Is it safe to disconnect the wiring harness if I don't want to bother working on the AC? Wouldn't mind stopping that periodic effect the compressor has on the engine, but not enough to change the serpentine belt or remove the compressor.
  3. D

Any additional help regarding the getting the man vac connected properly is appreciated.
  4. D

The cycle between 800 and 1000 RPMs on the tach corresponds to whatever the "funny spinning pully thing that ticks" in the first video.
  5. D

Based on the image above, I connected one of the two "boot connectors" assuming it was the fuel pressure regulator, and the other two where the "Air Cleaner / Bi Metal" is labeled above. Then I plugged the other two caps. Seems to be idling ok right now. However from the diagram I would assume...
  6. D

I'll look for the sticker, and give this another shot with the additional photo I discovered last night. This is crazy sabotage. Not sure who would take those lines off and leave it like that.
  7. D

More googling and found http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?attachments/vac-ports-jpg.39828/ referenced on another site. That should help some. Not sure how to find the thread it came from even with above url...
  8. D

From the referenced post diagram I believe what I'm looking at is labeled the man vac (manifold vacuum?) , can anyone confirm? I can't follow the other post all that well. Made a mistake above, there are clearly more than 5 connectors on it, but thankfully a few of the hoses are connected...
  9. D

Just found this after a little googling. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/94-explorer-vacuum-line-madness-pics-inside.359540/
  10. D

Troubled explorer on my folks property, used to be mine. Started it but had to hold the gas to drive it for a few blocks and there was a loud hiss. Trouble idling. Opened the hood and what do you know, disconnected vacuum lines. Someone ( or something?) removed the vacuum lines on the ford...
  11. D

help! i need to strap a bed on my explorer!

I'm about to try this. I'm wondering if the roof rack is a disadvantage. The way I am thinking about it, the roof rack allows wind under the mattress. This wind causes lift on the mattress. So I'm thinking maybe I should remove the rack. Also I believe the factory rack says like 100 lbs max...
  12. D

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

I was going to troubleshoot the transfer case motor on a 92 ford explorer. I have the automatic locking hubs, so I think I have an electric shift motor. The 4 wheel drive is not engaging. Before it went out the 4 wheel low light would not come on. Now the lights will not come on at all. Is it...
Back