Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

100, think there are more than that on this site alone. I was able to lemon law my 2011 and bought 2013 about a year ago. No issues so far.:D Hope I didn't just jinks it.
  2. W

I received this in an email yesterday. We lemon lawed our 2011 for a 2013 Explorer. But I thought I would share it. The attachment is 3.2mb long so I cant post it. Thank you for filing a complaint with the NHTSA concerning the failure of your Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) in your...
  3. W

whoever invented inflatable belts needs to be tarred and feathered

MY 6 year still can't buckle the inflatable seatbelt in the 2013 Explorer when he is in the booster, but had no problems in the 2010 Fusion or 2011 Explorer.
  4. W

2013 Base Explorer Heat On Rear Vents

Heat rises and cold air falls. That is why the heater is at the floor and air conditioning is higher.
  5. W

Auto Show:Anything new/different on EX for 2014?

Wish I had the wavy the foot. Seen it on other models. When you hands are full would make it easier.
  6. W

opinions on silver??

Had a 2011 Silver and it was a great color, our 2013 is White like it too. Neither show the road salt very much here in Minnesota.
  7. W

2013 Explorer Limited vs 2013 Pathfinder Platinum Premium

White Platinum Tri-coat is the correct color name Diamond is the GMC white we were looking at.
  8. W

Dual panel moonroof question

The one thing I wish Ford would have done is make separate shades for front and back like GM and Nissan have. When the glass is closed I don't notice any more noise from our Explorer without a sunroof.
  9. W

Picked up my 2013 Explorer Limited

My foot was close to the brake.
  10. W

Picked up my 2013 Explorer Limited

I just picked up my 2013 Ex Limited with the 302a package. I really liked the adapted cruise on the way home. Nice improvement over my 2011 that I lemon lawed. Now I need to figure out all of the upgraded electronics over my 2011 Limited. More to come.
  11. W

Picking up our 2013 Explorer Limited with the 302 package. White Diamond Tri-Coat. Black leather interior, rear buckets, console, sunroof weather tech fitted floor liners. $42,250.
  12. W

Thanks for the feedback all. We are still thinking.
  13. W

Have a 2013 Limited with a 302 package on hold at our dealer awaiting. But made the mistake of driving the Nissan today. A fully loaded PPP I can buy for $42,300 (MSRP 44,300), compared to the Explorer for $43,000 (MSRP $51,000). The Pathfinder does come with dual DVD which the Ex doesn't. The...
  14. W

2013 Limited with 2nd row bench?

2nd row buckets are a $750 upgrade over the bench. If you want arm rest console between the buckets seats add another $100.
  15. W

It was over 1200 on back order in September. I took mine in on September 17. The replacement rack and pinion came in last week. So hopefully soon yours will be in. I lemon lawed mine in Minnesota since we have generous law. Call the BBB as I posted in a previous post in this thread to see if it...
  16. W

Just found out that the part arrived at my dealer yesterday. Since Ford is repurchasing my Explorer, the dealer is on hold waiting to hear back from Ford RAV (Re Acquired Vehicle) if they should repair or not. My service advisor told me, I will never drive it again, or that is how it has worked...
  17. W

Need some feedback before making a purchase

I'm in the process of Ford repurchasing my 2011 Explorer Limited, due to the lack of ability to get parts to replace the steering rack. It's been sitting at a dealer since September 17 and no ship date on the parts. I would suggest purchasing an extended warranty well worth it with the issues...
  18. W

The factory warranty is 3 yr/36,000 miles isn't it? When they get the part in, there will not be any further issues, hopefully.
  19. W

Lemon laws vary state by state. I have 27,x.. miles. I think it would be worth a call to the BBB at 800-955-5100 (M-F 9am to 5:30pm EST). They are in Arlington, VA so it might be harder to get hold of someone today or tomorrow. Good luck.
  20. W

Just received a call from the BBB telling me Ford is repurchasing my 2011 Explorer, I will receive a check for we paid (including tax, title extended warranty, etc., basically reversing the transaction)for the Explorer minus .10 per mile for the miles we put on it. It has been sitting at the...
  21. W

No. When I called the dealer on Monday, October 22 they were under the impression that the part was shipping on October 19. Yesterday, when I talked to them again, the parts are back to an unknown ship date. When I have asked the dealer and the regional customer service manager, no one can tell...
  22. W

Just received a phone call from my dealer. The steering parts are scheduled to ship from somewhere on Friday. Hopefully, our Explorer will be back at home no later than October 26. Wondering if the call from the Regional Customer Service Manager did anything? I did mention the Minnesota lemon...
  23. W

Start of week 4 of Explorer Limited sitting on the dealers parking lot. No update on when the parts will be in. At least I have a free loaner car. In Minnesota, the lemon law is 30 business day out of service. Wonder if it will go that long?
  24. W

Here is part of the Minnesota Law. The law considers a “reasonable number of attempts” to be any one of the following: Four or more unsuccessful attempts to repair the same defect; or, One unsuccessful attempt to repair a defect which has caused the complete failure of the steering or...
  25. W

Jrister, I know your feeling, at least my dealer gave me a Fusion to drive for the unforeseen future. My dealer told me there are 1,200 on back order last week and she had no eta on it. She is going to call me when the part ship from the warehouse and then I should have the Ex back in my hand in...
Back