Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

different kind of seat question.

No, I just used the regular seats. Did a bunch more work and converted it to 4wd then traded it in last week lol.
  2. D

How To: Repair A/C "Fresh Air/Recirc" Door

Check my dash removal thread and 4x4 conversion thread for pics.
  3. D

still leaking water in pass floor board...

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316624 for the recirc door And my dash removal write up --http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403359 Let me know if you need any more info.
  4. D

No, the air in the glove box is your recirculation door(fresh air). Already fought and modified that thing.... It sits in a tray in the firewall and has a scoop on it, would almost have to be to the windshield in water to leak there. Thank you though and let me know if you need pointers on the...
  5. D

Center caps

Gmanpaint, those look sweet.
  6. D

Explorer 2015 oem wheels on a 2002?

I've always read that the center bore was the biggest concern but hopefully someone else will drop by with more info. I've seen several newer ford wheels I'd like to run for cheap, but always seems to come back to center bore.
  7. D

Need help identifying problem and part pic inside

Lincoln, he has a 4.0, plugs and wires with one coil pack.
  8. D

Mass air flow is located at the air filter box.
  9. D

The circled part is your throttle body, the solenoid on the side of it is what actually controls the throttle valve. It doesn't use a cable like older versions. Maybe that's what they're saying is bad. I haven't messed with any electronic throttle bodies on the explorers so I can't say for sure...
  10. D

Help! I made a big mistake i think

Were the servo bores sleeved or o-ringed during the rebuild? Solenoid block replaced? Valve body rebuilt? New separator plate?
  11. D

Can I just swap computers between Explorer sports?

I don't know about the sport, but on the regular, your key, ecm, and security module all have to match together. The sport is based more off of the previous generation explorer, did you try the 95-01 section?
  12. D

No sunroof and heater core is mounted in the center of the truck and drains on driver side. Cowl drain cleaned out, windshield appears to be well sealed, door gaskets in good shape. Antenna wire hole sealed up good. Stumped and soaked.
  13. D

So, I haven't located the entry point, but have gotten some of the path tracked down. Its not coming from the firewall, its coming in between the frame/body somewhere. The area behind the fuel reset switch. If you shine light in the little holes where the kick panel clips in, there is water...
  14. D

Are there any other known areas to cause the leak in the passenger floor board? I took the fender liner loose and got the ton of leaves, dirt, general crap from the hole near the antenna wire, ran a garden hose on the windshield for several minutes while poking all around the hole. 99% positive...
  15. D

Rear lift glass hinge recall info needed.

No problem, I don't blame ya one bit. I need to see if either of mine can be replaced under it just to have new ones.
  16. D

found oil pool

To get pictures in here, put them on photobucket or any image hosting site and copy the (IMG) link and paste in your reply. Upper intake isn't too terrible to pull, mostly time consuming and need a torx bit. I'll try to find a post showing the steps to make it more clear. You will need new o...
  17. D

My Mounty got JACKED

Hope you dont end up having to replace the rear differential very soon. Not supposed to lift the vehicle by it. Its aluminum and not meant to support the weight. Looks good though.
  18. D

found oil pool

Could be valve cover gasket leaking in there if it is for sure oil. The sensor sticking up is your knock sensor. Could also be from that I guess now that I think about it. Not sure if it goes all the way through the manifold or if its sealed below it. Its basically just a microphone so it doesnt...
  19. D

Adding running boards to my XLS

Did you get this figured out? I can try to grab a pic of one of mine, There should be some square or rectangle holes (been a while since I changed mine) that a captured nut slips into, then you just bolt straight in.
  20. D

Rear lift glass hinge recall info needed.

I have an extra set of hinges, Yours for cost of shipping, which shouldnt be much from Okieland.
  21. D

8.8 differential

Just picture yours without the axles on each side as ours (2002+) are only the center section with cv shafts.
  22. D

awd to 4x4 in 2002 mountaineer

exigent, Are you still around?
  23. D

Thermostat bolt issue

Did you get the bolt out?
Back